Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple CarPlay vs Android Auto: what's missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not besmirching my beloved Tesla, but it's starting to feel like the incredible potential of that massive touchscreen is being ignored. No iPod integration. No shuffle. Wonky album artwork. No Waze. No third-party apps or new Tesla apps. I'm not saying that Tesla has to adopt Apple's CarPlay or Android Auto, but nearly every other car maker has....
qqqqq.jpg

I agree, it is a little sad to not see a nice big red T on either of those list. A while back I emailed [email protected] and the reply I got was this:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors Support in regards to your request to add Apple Carplay. I have added a Feature Request on your behalf to implement Apply CarPlay. The more request we get for an item makes it visible for the appropriate teams. We greatly appreciate your feedback and please feel free to reach out to us anytime via email or 1-877-79-TESLA."

So, if you want it, the more voices they hear will help.

I agree, it is a little sad to not see a nice big red T on either of those list. A while back I emailed [email protected] and the reply I got was this:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors Support in regards to your request to add Apple Carplay. I have added a Feature Request on your behalf to implement Apply CarPlay. The more request we get for an item makes it visible for the appropriate teams. We greatly appreciate your feedback and please feel free to reach out to us anytime via email or 1-877-79-TESLA."

So, if you want it, the more voices they hear will help.

+1
also sent an email for iPod and CarPlay support