Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you remove the driver's side lower dash panel (Leather in my Signature model)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Main Screen was replaced by Tesla, and they didn't re-install the leather covered dash panel correctly. I need to remove and re-install the panel, but don't want to start forcing things until I know what to force. Anyone have any knowledge of how to remove this? I don't want to have to make an appointment and then drive to the service center, this should be a snap.
image (1).jpeg
image.jpeg

If I remember correctly, there are a few screws that need to be removed near instrument cluster, behind it to be exact, then the rest is pressure fitted. Based on your photo, a clip looks to be bent. Do you have enough clearance to bend it back and guide it into the opening it needs to go into?

Last edited:
The Main Screen was replaced by Tesla, and they didn't re-install the leather covered dash panel correctly. I need to remove and re-install the panel, but don't want to start forcing things until I know what to force. Anyone have any knowledge of how to remove this? I don't want to have to make an appointment and then drive to the service center, this should be a snap.

Almost all of the interior panels are held on exclusively by clips like the one you can see inside the dash in your first photo. As long as the panel is correctly aligned all you need to do is give is a little bump right over where the clip is and it will snap back into place. I think I may have pictures of the back of this panel as well as just about every panel of the entire dash, as I have had the screen out and it requires dis-assembly of almost the entire dash to get it out. As long as nothing is broken, your panel should just snap right back into place easily. Good luck!

Decided to stop by Tesla service and have them look at it, they were slow on Thursday anyway, I'll stop by there after lunch. I never used to be afraid to roll up my sleeves and mess around with something like this, but I don't want to have to buy a new Napa leather panel either, so why not let them fix it?