Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Tesla Model X Trunk Panel Removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone removed the interior rear trunk panel of a 2019 tesla model x? I need to take this off because it makes so much noise and I want to insulate it. How do I begin to take this off? I don't want to break it..seems to be separate pieces from the back, sides, top, and the speaker grill.
IMG-1652.jpg

Has anyone removed the interior rear trunk panel of a 2019 tesla model x? I need to take this off because it makes so much noise and I want to insulate it. How do I begin to take this off? I don't want to break it..seems to be separate pieces from the back, sides, top, and the speaker grill.View attachment 981676
So anyone done this yet? Looking into doing mine tonight but don’t want to break anything.

Funny you should ask. I just did this to my 2017 MX. I was noticing a lot of plastic creak and rubbing noise and I also wanted to see if harness would accept the premium audio for a retrofit. Mine is Base sound system. So far I have removed the rear and lower panel. Added sound modest amounts of sound deadener, and placed cloth tape to all the clips. I'll try and send more info if still interested.

Funny you should ask. I just did this to my 2017 MX. I was noticing a lot of plastic creak and rubbing noise and I also wanted to see if harness would accept the premium audio for a retrofit. Mine is Base sound system. So far I have removed the rear and lower panel. Added sound modest amounts of sound deadener, and placed cloth tape to all the clips. I'll try and send more info if still interested.
Maybe this should be discussed in another thread, I'm planning to upgrade my 2016 MX base system as well. Already got better plug-and-play speakers for the doors and some sound deadening material as well.
Made some wiring information and already searched for speakers for trunk.
My MX doesn't seem to have the mounting points of the stock subwoofer. Not decided whether to go with under-seat subs or another solution.
Also not decided whether to go with a 8-CH amp.