Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ms seen in Abu Dhabi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm this, it appears that it was parked outside the Mubadala HQ. There was also one in Qatar recently.

I plan to stalk this owner and and bombard him/her with a few hundred questions. I showed the article to my wife and now she's cross that I wasn't the first. Ce la vie...in my defense I still can't decide between P+ / P, 19's and 21's, Tan or Black, Cloth or leather...Anyway, first question European or American?

I can confirm this, it appears that it was parked outside the Mubadala HQ. There was also one in Qatar recently.

I plan to stalk this owner and and bombard him/her with a few hundred questions. I showed the article to my wife and now she's cross that I wasn't the first. Ce la vie...in my defense I still can't decide between P+ / P, 19's and 21's, Tan or Black, Cloth or leather...Anyway, first question European or American?

Reading the comments in the http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2013...abu-dhabi-uae/ article, it seems there is also a black Model S someone spotted a month prior to the photographed white one.
So, yours might be number THREE, at best.

I have a S85, it is plenty fast for me.
The P and P+ are REALLY fast, so depending on your road driving conditions, driving attitude and size of your bank account: go for it...
Since you will be getting a RED MS, maybe P85+?
If you want to ensure a bit of road clearance, get the air suspension.
The MS is a long, low car with long overhangs. Under certain conditions, Raising the suspension is the best 5 seconds you'll ever do for your car.

I don't know your typical road conditions, but 19" wheels are more durable and forgiving than the 21" wheels and low profile tires.
And the tires will last longer.
And the 19" tires don't cost as much to replace.
IF you are smitten with the turbine wheels, there are several Options for your review and consideration.
Tesla offers some, and there are some great looking after-market toys to adorn you MS with.

19 Turbine Wheel Solution - Page 35

I love my tan leather interior.
I have the Obeche gloss, Matte is gorgeous too.

Hope you will soon be able to complete your order and take delivery!

Searching on "Tesla Abu Dhabi" turned up this "Tesla Motors LLC" used car lot with a Tesla like logo:
91709.jpg

Tesla motors LLC - Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Al Ain, Ras Al Khaimah, Um Al Quwain

Interesting. I was in Abu Dhabi last year. Gas prices there are cheap! Great someone there is joining the electrical movement.

I also see a company in Dubai renting out green cars and that they have a Roadster in the fleet Car Rental Dubai, Car Leasing, Rent a Car in Dubai UAE, Car Hire Airport Terminal Abu Dhabi

Their digital brochure shows a Model S, but I think that is aspirational rather than current reality.

You are not going to save that much having an electric car here in Dubai. The examples, they give - 36,000km will cost 8,500AED for petrol or 1,250AED in electricity, saving 7,250AED (22,369 miles costing 2,314USD for gas or 340USD in electricity, saving 1,973USD) - but look at it another way 1,500USD of electricity to travel 100,000 miles! The Salik charges would probably be 10x more :)

I also see a company in Dubai renting out green cars and that they have a Roadster in the fleet Car Rental Dubai, Car Leasing, Rent a Car in Dubai UAE, Car Hire Airport Terminal Abu Dhabi

Their digital brochure shows a Model S, but I think that is aspirational rather than current reality.

You are not going to save that much having an electric car here in Dubai. The examples, they give - 36,000km will cost 8,500AED for petrol or 1,250AED in electricity, saving 7,250AED (22,369 miles costing 2,314USD for gas or 340USD in electricity, saving 1,973USD) - but look at it another way 1,500USD of electricity to travel 100,000 miles! The Salik charges would probably be 10x more :)

True, even though we have the most expensive petrol in the region it costs me AED 100 (US$ 27) to fill up my gas-guzzling FJ Cruiser, which typically gets me 280 miles. When I'm in Kuwait I pay about half that. I wouldn't get a Model S to save on petrol, just because it's so freakin cool :cool:

Interesting. I was in Abu Dhabi last year. Gas prices there are cheap! Great someone there is joining the electrical movement.

I have a friend that lives in Abu Dhabi and I visited him last fall. Gas is indeed cheap, but he says he burns through it amazingly fast because his vehicle has a massive air conditioner that must be on full blast 6+ months of the year. It was inhumanely hot there in September.