Happy New Owner and One Question

Name:  Tesla.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  73.1 KBName:  Tesla2.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  28.0 KBName:  Tesla3.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  63.1 KB

So, after a long self-inflicted wait, the day finally came and completely failed to disappoint. It had been a really long time since the test drive, so was continually amazed at the acceleration (and lack of associated rev'ing noise). I am a very proud owner

Everything was easy...homelink, bluetooth to phone, charging at my HPWC, and the other features. Had great driving on both highway and back roads.

Question: How long does it take for the phone app to work with the car? It still says "No Vehicles Links to This My Tesla Account...Your vehicle may not be ready". I did enable the mobile app setting from the car's settings.

Looking forward to many, grinning miles....
    Last edited by robatbeach; 2013-12-13 at 08:12 PM. Reason: the word account had typo
    Blue S85 | First Post Wishing I Could Afford One: 12/20/2011 | Test Drive 3/2013 | Order & Confirmation 10/3/2013 | Delivery 12/13/2013 | Options: Panoramic, Tech Package, HPWC, Air Suspension, Napa Grey Leather/Obeche Wood Matte

Banned
    I was told 24 to 48 hours but I got it in less than 30 minutes, while I was taking delivery.

Log out & logging back in did the trick for me.

Congrats & enjoy!
    85kWh | Red | Black Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss | Tech | Pano | 19" T Sportline Grey | Delivered 7/17/13 |

Thanks for the response.

Never mind on question. It finally showed up about 6 hours after delivery.

PS: Kudos to Xander for pre-delivery and Adam for delivery at the Rockville SC. Everybody was great despite the business and slight delays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lump View Post
    Log out & logging back in did the trick for me.

Congrats & enjoy!
    I think you're on to something here, since that's what did get it to work...may have worked earlier if I had logged out and back in earlier.
    Blue S85 | First Post Wishing I Could Afford One: 12/20/2011 | Test Drive 3/2013 | Order & Confirmation 10/3/2013 | Delivery 12/13/2013 | Options: Panoramic, Tech Package, HPWC, Air Suspension, Napa Grey Leather/Obeche Wood Matte

It worked from day one for me.
    "If this is the future, I'm not that worried." Jay Leno (after driving a Tesla)
    Deposit: Oct '09. 2nd Model S: 85, Red, Tan Leather, Obeche Matte, Tech, Pano, Active Air, Armor, 19"

My DS activate the car right before we even went out to play with it. That trick got both internet radio services working as well as the smartphone app working toward the end of the walkthrough. He said since this is the end of the year, they are doing a massive amount of activations, so their servers are swamped. He said the West Coast deliveries get the shaft since three timezones have already done their early morning activations. Since the OP is in Maryland, they should be good unless their delivery was done later in the day. Either way, as others suggested, wait ~24 before the panic.

Congrats in the car! Blue is very pretty!
    2013 S85 | Green | Pano | Tech | Park Sensors | Jump Seats | Air Suspension | Delivered 12/3/2013
    2014 Chevy Volt

Quote Originally Posted by robatbeach View Post
    Name:  Tesla.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  73.1 KBName:  Tesla2.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  28.0 KBName:  Tesla3.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  63.1 KB

So, after a long self-inflicted wait, the day finally came and completely failed to disappoint. It had been a really long time since the test drive, so was continually amazed at the acceleration (and lack of associated rev'ing noise). I am a very proud owner

Everything was easy...homelink, bluetooth to phone, charging at my HPWC, and the other features. Had great driving on both highway and back roads.

Question: How long does it take for the phone app to work with the car? It still says "No Vehicles Links to This My Tesla Account...Your vehicle may not be ready". I did enable the mobile app setting from the car's settings.

Looking forward to many, grinning miles....
    Looking good! Every time I logon to this site, I learn something. Congrats. I'm picking up on Tuesday or Wednesday.
    85 white/black | Pano | Fog lights | Ultra High Sound | Parking Sensors | Tech Package | 12/09/13 In Production 12/12/13 Production complete!

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreGas View Post
    Looking good! Every time I logon to this site, I learn something. Congrats. I'm picking up on Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Oh no! They put the license plate bracket on the front! haha, congrats and enjoy. I've learned that the Tesla started me on a path to energy conservation.
    Wife - P85+ White / Gray, Tech Pkg, Pano Roof, 21" Silvers, LED, Fogs............
    MINE - P85+ Gray / Black, EVERYTHING ABOVE AND A LITTLE MORE

Congrats, robatbeach! Keep that grinning going! Coming up on my 1 year anniversary, and I still am in wonderment of what tesla was able to achieve the first time out with their first designed-from-the-ground-up car! Always thank Roadster owners - they paved the way for the Model S!

Thanks folks....it's been a great ride since the Friday pickup. I do sincerely thank the Roadster owners. I also hope that as a model S owner, we successfully bridge this to GenIII and mainstream. More people need to be part of this revolution.

Thread Information