Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

H/T to the Envoys of the Brand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An open letter to the unofficial goodwill ambassadors of the Tesla Model S and the good people of TMC:

I'm sure this community has already been praised, but I am reminded that assuming others have pointed out good works is to risk those good works going completely unrecognized.

With that in mind, let me add my words to those who have already said "Thank you" and encourage you to continue being supportive and embracing of those who seek you out.

You have opened your schedules, your cars, and invested your time in helping otherwise complete strangers understand and share in your passion. Owners and hopeful owners alike have done more to propel this movement toward viable electric cars far quicker than any government edict or corporate marketing plan could. While Tesla, as a company, may have capitalized on your enthusiasm, you have in turn capitalized on the curiosity of strangers and given us information, dreams, and inspired us to join in the fun.

In many cases you were the early adopters, who leaped before they looked and paved the way. You suffered through the teething problems and heralded the future so convincingly that thousands more have followed you. Were it not for your diligence against the naysayers and the misinformed, far fewer of us would consider pouring our carefully stewarded family resources in a Tesla, thinking we could count on it as a daily driver.

I am grateful to you all and particularly to those I've personally interacted with, who have given of your time and resources unselfishly. Like you, I hope to return the goodwill when I am able. Every friendly wave, every demonstration, every "Tesla grin" shared, you're helping people see driving as pleasurable, in a new way, and with a healthy dose of patriotism mixed in.

Someday (soon I hope!) I won't be a lurker anymore, I'll be an owner. Maybe a shark grey 85 with, perhaps, some "trucker's jaws" stickered onto the front grill just for laughs. Photoshoppers wanna try?
truck-teeth-jaws-teeth-dsc00609.jpg
Okay, probably not..... might be too scary in peoples' rearview mirrors.

I invite others to add their stories of positive encounters and shared experiences in reply in hope that this remains a place of positive reinforcement for the next generation of Tesla owners.

<stepping away from pulpit>

I am in Kauai, 2,500 miles from my S and I still want to talk about Tesla with strangers ;>
There are some EV spots in Princeville so I might need to move here and bring my car :tongue:

I reallky do like showing the car to random people and giving rides. just 1 more week of paradise to go, waaa
really neat how big the GMO free Kauai movement seems here now. yummy

Impressively well written. I certainly hope you join our ranks soon, it's an honor to be fortunate enough to share this moment in time and history with others.

One interaction I had before I took delivery stands out to me as representative of what you describe. About a week and a half before I received my car, there was a grand opening event for the Tampa SC hosted by the FL TMC. I couldn't stay away, although I had never actually seen a live Model S. I was "saving myself" for my own. The draw to check out the blue I had chosen was just too great, so I attended, but promised myself I would not so much as sit in one.

At the event I was telling this to a very nice gentleman, who immediately offered to let me DRIVE his P85. I politely declined, but was amazed. Who other than a Tesla owner offers to let a complete stranger drive their $100k+ car? I believe his name was Bob, and I'm still sorry I don't recall for sure but I was so wound up that day I barely remembered my OWN name.

That visit set the stage for me for how we should act as ambassadors, and I have tried to live up to that standard at every opportunity.