Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Eco friendly waterless car wash products/services

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    Used Griot's this weekend on our lovely. Hadn't been washed in two months and over 2000 miles.

Went pretty fast, used a couple of beach towels and didn't bother cleaning the pano. Threw the towels in the wash after was done and line dried them.
    Hey Jason, this might seem like a dumb question, but I just wanted to confirm. Are you referring specifically to the Griot's Waterless Spray-On Car Wash that logan linked to? I'm interested in that for washing my car during the winter.

Model S: P4909
    Quote Originally Posted by shokunin View Post
    Optimum has Optimum Opti-Clean which is their waterless product (Spray on, wipe off).
    @shokunin, thanks for the clarification. i used this OOC waterless spray product on my MS with the plush 16x16" Gold Plus Jr. microfiber towels, both ordered from Autogeek. It did a great job cleaning up the minor dirt spray marks appearing on the lower panels after driving on wet roads the previous week, and made the car look like new again. I probably wouldn't use a waterless product on an extremely dirty car in order to avoid scratches or needing a hundred clean towels, but for occasional clean-ups this is a great option.
    85kWh non-perf, black, black leather, obeche glossy, air suspension, tech, sound, parcel shelf

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    My S got its first hand wash (after having gone through brushless automatic washes for the past 3 months) at Eco Green Auto Clean in Redwood City. They did a wonderful job in about 40 min! Just as my car was getting done this morning, a gray Perf Model S pulled in. Their waiting area has pics of several (semi-)exotics getting washed here including a brown Model S and a Karma.

I'd highly recommend them for folks in and around the Peninsula in the Bay Area. Their prices are very reasonable and are in the ballpark of most other hand-wash services. Getting there early, at around 8:30 am, on weekdays maybe a good idea as they are not that busy at that time.

Am now trying to get my company to engage them to come on-site on a weekly basis; they already offer such a service at Google and also work with Tesla Menlo Park (as mentioned earlier on this thread).
    Awaiting VIN P 65513 - P85D, Performance Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Black Alcantara Headliner, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA December 2014

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August 2014

Thread Information