First, I am enjoying the car immensely - which is most important. A few minor glitches on delivery, some possible design flaws/issues, and a whole lot of fun and admiration otherwise. List below not meant to be comprehensive, just an accumulation of items after having had a chance to drive it around town a bit. there are a number of items I expect to be improved (voice control, parking guides on rear view screen etc) but I can be patient for those.
Bottom line - expensive, but worth the wait. I replaced a 13-year old Mercedes E Class that had chalked up 260,000 miles (kept it for my kids).
The quick positives -
1) great looking - universal opinion of observers.
2) quick - amazingly so when you want it.
3) a head-turner - but subtle. Lots of double takes, walk-arounds when parked, but few hoots or outright stares.
4) touch screen interface excellent - highly intuitive, easy to use.
5) handling superb, road feel excellent (a little more BMW than Mercedes, imo)
6) one pedal driving easy to get used to.
7) my daughter loves putting her school bag in the frunk.
8) given six test drives, two new confirmed reservations, one on the edge.
The quick issues - (none are dealbreakers but expecting most to be remedied)
1) "b" pillar corner is rubbed on every entry and exit to car by driver - almost certainly a design flaw - will need a modified rounded edge or some sort of protector piece. my leather stitching already unraveling at that spot.
2) some body panels not aligned as well as they should be. some of this may be adjustable (e.g. hood slightly out of alignment) when I get first visit from service next week. risk of being first adopter.
3) front passenger door requires more effort to close than others and window rattles - expecting a fix after service visit.
4) fan may have a bad bearing - that will have to be checked out by service.
5) weatherstripping for sunroof does not always seem to return to proper position after use - could be type of material - more foam like than rubber - or some other issue.
6) bluetooth a little flaky - phone (iPhone 4) is not seen about 1 time in 4 or 5 - sometimes can be remedied, twice required a reboot.
7) lack of a rear floor mat or option to add from company store is annoying at the price.
8) local range a bit less than expected, even without lead foot driving. presumably all about energy needed to get the considerable mass moving once stopped at lights or stop signs. (Highway matches expectations).