Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Country Highway Cross-Canada Tour

Icon14

That stretch between #7 & #9 looks brutal...

Best of luck on the rest of your journey guys!
    Tesla Roadster #1137 / Tesla Model S Sig # 2120 / P85D on order
    Please be advised that my comments are intended for use in this, the Tesla Motors Club forum (TMC forum), and may not be used in whole or in part by any party outside of the TMC forum without my expressed written consent.

So, I can't seem to find the schedule for Sunday or Monday (Tuesday in Carberry, on the wrong side of the province!). I'm in the Steinbach area (SE MB) - are you stopping anywhere near Ste. Anne (just off the Trans-Canada)?

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    So, I can't seem to find the schedule for Sunday or Monday (Tuesday in Carberry, on the wrong side of the province!). I'm in the Steinbach area (SE MB) - are you stopping anywhere near Ste. Anne (just off the Trans-Canada)?
    Hi,

Let me check and i'll get back to you.

Olivier Delisle
    Business Development
    Sun. Country Highway

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

Perhaps some of you can clarify the business model for SCH. Are they installing this network out of the goodness of their hearts? Or is there a business purpose that will eventually yield a return? Or a combination of both? I understand many business owners have paid for the chargers or at least to have them installed for their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by hcsharp View Post
    Perhaps some of you can clarify the business model for SCH. Are they installing this network out of the goodness of their hearts? Or is there a business purpose that will eventually yield a return? Or a combination of both? I understand many business owners have paid for the chargers or at least to have them installed for their customers.
    They sell chargers. You could buy one from them for your house or work. But like many successful businesses, I'm sure the motivation is a combo of profit and a passion. I think there is more to their business plan, but I think the selling is fairly central.

CDN Sig 2114, P85D order Jgdixon's Avatar
    Yes I believe they sell the chargers to businesses. Hotels, restaurants etc.
    Then they encourage them to promote the fact that they have free charging available.

Blog Entries
    Kent is a huge believer in building businesses that are both ecologically and economically sustainable.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Blog Entries
    Latest update and itinerary for final segment. I pasted the press release inline below:

MEDIA ADVISORY

Sun Country Highway expands its free public access electric vehicle (EV) charging network along theTrans-Canada Highway (TCH) in commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the TCH.

The World’s Longest/Greenest Highway Project

St. John’s Newfoundland to Victoria British Columbia─ As part of Sun Country Highway's (SCH) mission toGreen Canada's Highways in 2012, SCH in collaboration with over 80 leading Canadian businesses andtourism destinations, will be launching their 100% publicly accessible EV charging network projectconnecting cities and towns across Canada, creating the longest, greenest highway in the world! Every100 to 200 kms along the Trans-Canada Highway electric vehicle owners will now have access to theworld’s fastest level 2 electric vehicle charging stations at no cost to the EV Owner.
    SCH is a leader in sustainable transportation and is deploying state of the art charging infrastructure toaccelerate electric vehicle (EV) adoption across Canada. Before Christmas, Sun Country Highway willhave toured across Canada from St. John’s, NL clear across to Victoria, BC visiting electric vehiclecharging stations installed strategically along the TCH. The SCH plan is to ignite regionalized economicdevelopment and to simultaneously challenge electric vehicle manufacturers and auto parts suppliers toramp up plug-in electric vehicle production.
    The extensive month-long tour will be lead by Sun Country Highway President Kent Rathwell and VicePresident Christopher Misch who will be driving an all electric Tesla Roadster super car to demonstratethe SCH FREE public access charging network. “The faster 60 and 90 amp SCH chargers have beeninstalled at the majority of locations to future-proof the network and to enhance regional eco-tourismopportunities,” adds Vice President Christopher Misch.
    “We can now say that we have partnered with corporate and small business owners in every Provincefrom coast to coast. We have embarked on this project to help raise awareness on the capabilities ofelectric vehicles as efficient and exciting vehicles to drive. Our objectives are not only to reduce carbonemissions but to show the world how renewable energies combined with sustainable forms oftransportation can be the stimulus for the next industrial revolution,” explains SCH Founder andPresident Kent Rathwell.
    The SCH Team will tackle the Trans Canada Highway. SCH is aiming to earn Canada the moniker of thecountry with “The World’s Longest/Greenest Highway” featuring over 100 charging stations strategicallyplaced along the TCH before Christmas and close to 200 charging stations in total. This EV chargingnetwork will permit EV owners to travel at no cost from coast to coast, 100% emissions free.

Agenda for Monday December 17, 2012

Banff, AB- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel 9:00 – 10:00 am
    - 405 Spray Avenue, Banff, AB; Local Site Contact: Steve Sandercott,

Golden, BC - 12:30 – 2:30 pm Home Hardware
    - 912 15
    th Street South; Local Site Contact: Brad Tataryn, 250-344-2964
    Revelstoke, BC - *3:30 – 5:30 pm Best Western Plus *Time Zone Change
    - 1925 Laforme Blvd Revelstoke, BC; Local Site Contact: Brady Beruschi,
    250-837-2043

Agenda for Tuesday December 18, 2012
    Kamloops, BC- Holiday Inn and Suites 9:00am – 2:00 pm
    - 675 Tranquille Road; Local Site Contact: Stephen Earl, 250-376-8288
    Lytton, BC- Location TBD 4:00pm-5:30pm

Agenda for Wednesday December 19, 2012
    Hope, BC – Town Hall 9:00am- 10:30am
    - 325 Wallace Street, Hope, BC; Local Site Contact: Tyler Mattheis, 604 860-0930
    Vancouver, Burnaby BC – Bosa Properties 1:00pm – 2:00 pm
    - 4555 Kingsway Vancouver, BC; Local Site Contact Rob Elliott, 604 299-1363
    Vancouver, BC- Hotel Shangri-La 2:30pm-4:30pm
    - 1128 Georgia Street, Vancouver; Local Site Contact: Vito Romeo, 604 661-3320

Agenda for Thursday December 20, 2012
    Vancouver, BC- Fairmont Pacific Rim 9:00am-10:00am
    - 1038 Canada Place, Vancouver; Local Site Contact: Rudi Gimmi, 604 695-5590[/COLOR]
    Whistler, BC- Hilton Whistler Resort and Spa- 1:00pm-2:30pm
    - 450 Whistler Way, Whistler; Local Site Contact: Stephen Webb

Agenda for Friday December 21, 2012
    Port Alberni, BC- Hospitality Inn 9:00am-10:00am
    - 3835 Redford Street, Port Alberni; Local Site Contact: 250 723-8111

Colwood, BC- Royal Bakery 1:00-2:00pm
    - 3337 Metchosin Road, Colwood; Local Site Contact Dave Grove, ]royalbaybakery@shaw.ca
    Victoria, BC- FINALE at Parliament Buildings/ Grand Pacific Hotel 2:30pm-4:00pm
    - 463 Belleville Street, Victoria; Local Site Contact: Reid James, 250 380-4452

Background:

Sun Country Highway is a wholly Canadian owned company focused on creating Canada's electric vehicleinfrastructure. SCH is promoting the adoption of sustainable transportation alternatives without the useof taxpayer money and for the purpose of creating regional economic development.
    Should you have any questions please contact:
    Stephen Bieda
    Regional Director - Ontario
    Sun Country Highway
    www.suncountryhighway.ca
    Cell: 905-515-0497
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/suncountryhighway
    Twitter: @SunCountryHwy

"Greening Canada's HighwaysTM"
    Last edited by Vger; 2012-12-12 at 12:57 PM.
    "Constraints are gifts to creative people."Roadster 2.0 #905 | Model S Signature Performance #2001 | Model S 85D on order for Feb(?) deliveryPLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Blog Entries

They have made it to Calgary

Here is the latest progress map. Now they have "just" 1,000 kms of high mountain winter driving to make it to the Pacific!

Name:  SCH Calgary.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  262.2 KB
    "Constraints are gifts to creative people."Roadster 2.0 #905 | Model S Signature Performance #2001 | Model S 85D on order for Feb(?) deliveryPLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Noticed that there is a Sun Country charger at the Stone Road Mall in Guelph, ON. It looks like it is only 30 amps and so am not sure if it is part of this cross-country network.

Name:  IMG_1126.JPG
Views: 371
Size:  1.77 MB

Thread Information