Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB drive included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If/when mine fails, I'm going to try a portable SSD instead of a memory stick. I think they handle read/write cycles better.
Even better is an SD card reader with an endurance SD card. I have been using the same one for almost 4 years now with no issues. Portable SSDs (depending on the specific one) can be susceptible to the heat of the glovebox etc. Memory cards have higher tolerances in this area.

Even better is an SD card reader with an endurance SD card. I have been using the same one for almost 4 years now with no issues. Portable SSDs (depending on the specific one) can be susceptible to the heat of the glovebox etc. Memory cards have higher tolerances in this area.
Most nvme m.2s (depending on the nand used) should have greater endurance over microsd including endurance SD cards. You also get the benefit of the extra speed when you transfer to your phone or computer. A regular m.2 can see 180F inside the cabin without thermal throttling.

USB drives and microsd cards tend to die quick, which is why dual SSD/M.2 are recommended in ZFS based systems (Truenas, opnsense, etc).