Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the right syntax and naming tips, check "Using Alexa with multiple vehicles" at Alexa Commands - Help Center - Tessie.

Archiving the car just hides it in Tessie from tracking, Alexa, etc. That would also fix this for you.
Thanks James. For this situation where I don't really want to interact with the second vehicle, I elected simply to archive it in the Tessie app. Things are back too prior normal with Alexa interaction.
(FYI for those unfamilar):​
Meaning that if I speak clearly and with the right pacing, e.g.​
"Alexa, ask Tessie Control, start Climate"​
I can usually get the skill to execute the desired action on the first try.​
If it doesn't quite understand me, it almost always recognizess that I'm requesting the Tessie skill, and then I just wait for the generalized Tessie greeting message to finish, at which point I can say "Start Climate" or whatever.​

I also read and understood the syntax guide you linked, that was helpful. However, i think that if I actually had two or more active vehicles here, then I would probably do the work to develop fully customized Alexa routines, in order to reliably execute the desired commands - without the issues of Alexa failing to recognize the vehicle name.

Reactions: James@Tessie
Hi All,

I have a scenario with saving a specific charging location and setting the charge cost for it.
This location has Telsa Super Chargers, which obviously you don't need to set a location for and the charge cost just gets recorded in your app.
However, the same location also has some free charging stations as well, which I used the other day and saved a location for it.

As the Telsa Super Chargers and these free chargers are in the same location, the charge cost for the free chargers then over rides costs for the Super Chargers so they also show a $0 cost.

Apart from manually re-syncing the Super Charger cost with Telsa is there another way the Super Chargers can be excluded from the charging location?

Hi All,

I have a scenario with saving a specific charging location and setting the charge cost for it.
This location has Telsa Super Chargers, which obviously you don't need to set a location for and the charge cost just gets recorded in your app.
However, the same location also has some free charging stations as well, which I used the other day and saved a location for it.

As the Telsa Super Chargers and these free chargers are in the same location, the charge cost for the free chargers then over rides costs for the Super Chargers so they also show a $0 cost.

Apart from manually re-syncing the Super Charger cost with Telsa is there another way the Super Chargers can be excluded from the charging location?
Sure! You can exclude the Superchargers by making sure they're not in the blue circle. This should be possible unless the free chargers are right in the middle of the Supercharger stalls.

Reactions: zoomer0056
James, sorry if this has already been discussed:
I'd be interested in a little notebook feature to record service and maintenance items. Today I swapped my 12 volt battery and there's no official record other than a purchase receipt email from the SC. Other service end DIY events would be tires, wiper replacements, washer refills, HEPA and cabin filter changes, and maybe just random other notes regarding other repairs, mods and activities. Things I used to put in a spiral notebook in the glove box.

Tesla does provide a tire rotation reminder and reset, but I think nothing for miscellaneous service is especially if they're not done by the SC. A really exotic addition might allow attached files and photos, but I'm not trying to get you to build a full-fledged organizer database :)

Of course this can be done in any note taking app or whatever, but it just occurred to me that perhaps it could be Incorporated into Tessie.

James, sorry if this has already been discussed:
I'd be interested in a little notebook feature to record service and maintenance items. Today I swapped my 12 volt battery and there's no official record other than a purchase receipt email from the SC. Other service end DIY events would be tires, wiper replacements, washer refills, HEPA and cabin filter changes, and maybe just random other notes regarding other repairs, mods and activities. Things I used to put in a spiral notebook in the glove box.

Tesla does provide a tire rotation reminder and reset, but I think nothing for miscellaneous service is especially if they're not done by the SC. A really exotic addition might allow attached files and photos, but I'm not trying to get you to build a full-fledged organizer database :)

Of course this can be done in any note taking app or whatever, but it just occurred to me that perhaps it could be Incorporated into Tessie.
Yes! This feature was just added. Tap the info circle at the top right of the home screen > Manage Notes.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
Yes! This feature was just added. Tap the info circle at the top right of the home screen > Manage Notes.
Thanks James, I see that and I started entering information. Right now, it seems to be one big note file with freeform text, am I getting that right? That does the job, but it could be useful to have multiple no entries with dates and subjects etc.

Is there a size limit I should be aware of? Is there any danger of losing the note- I don't see a delete button, only a safe button and I noticed a prompt to save before backing out of the note. However, I did lose my first attempt, I think by jumping out of the app completely and didn't get the prompt. I'm not completely sure.

In any case, thanks for this, I didn't find the feature until you told me how to get there!

Thanks James, I see that and I started entering information. Right now, it seems to be one big note file with freeform text, am I getting that right? That does the job, but it could be useful to have multiple no entries with dates and subjects etc.

Is there a size limit I should be aware of? Is there any danger of losing the note- I don't see a delete button, only a safe button and I noticed a prompt to save before backing out of the note. However, I did lose my first attempt, I think by jumping out of the app completely and didn't get the prompt. I'm not completely sure.

In any case, thanks for this, I didn't find the feature until you told me how to get there!
It's free form and saved server side. The size limit is pretty generous, but if you need more just email support.

Hey, loving the app. I tell every owner to get it.

2 thoughts:

can we 'clean up' the automation choices? Under action, the list is long and while I think it's alphabetical, it feels clunky.
So many things begin with the word 'set' I'm not sure the best way to present this, but right now it feels less than ideal.

When setting charge limit, can I get a scroll or something? typing 80,90,95 (the ones I use the most), is kinda a pain. If it was a scroll up/down and just the 0s and 5s maybe? so 50,55,60,65,70, etc?

I'm not claiming to be an expert, just a thought.

thanks!

Hey, loving the app. I tell every owner to get it.

2 thoughts:

can we 'clean up' the automation choices? Under action, the list is long and while I think it's alphabetical, it feels clunky.
So many things begin with the word 'set' I'm not sure the best way to present this, but right now it feels less than ideal.

When setting charge limit, can I get a scroll or something? typing 80,90,95 (the ones I use the most), is kinda a pain. If it was a scroll up/down and just the 0s and 5s maybe? so 50,55,60,65,70, etc?

I'm not claiming to be an expert, just a thought.

thanks!
Yeah, I think a larger, more organized list makes sense for the list of actions. Slider probably makes sense for the charge limit as well. I've added these to my roadmap.

Have the prices for Tessie suddenly just changed? I’m sure it was 4.99 last week and now showing 12.99? My car doesn’t arrive until Saturday hence why I haven’t subscribed yet
Yep. Tesla is preparing to introduce subscription fees for each vehicle using a third party app, so any and all fees will need to be included in the price. They'll be announcing the new pricing publicly when they're ready.
In case you missed this
Odometer alerts like this are on my roadmap.

Reactions: zoomer0056 and ngng
What will happen with lifetime subscriptions?
The price went up. Will absorb the announced fee for existing lifetime subscribers. Will lose money to deliver what was promised.
Guess this price increase won't affect the S/X Legacy who can't use the new version?
The new pricing will affect all users of all third party apps.

Legacy Model S/X MCU2 support is planned for this year.

Yep. Tesla is preparing to introduce subscription fees for each vehicle using a third party app, so any and all fees will need to be included in the price. They'll be announcing the new pricing publicly when they're ready.

Understand that you will need to passthrough this cost however if it is still free as indicated in the link you provided then your subscription fee for now should remain the same. I would understand that you keep the lifetime price at the elevated level to protect yourself but the monthly fee should remain $4.99 unless your cost has already gone up.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Understand that you will need to passthrough this cost however if it is still free as indicated in the link you provided then your subscription fee for now should remain the same. I would understand that you keep the lifetime price at the elevated level to protect yourself but the monthly fee should remain $4.99 unless your cost has already gone up.
Are you going to be sending over the money to cover the loss from existing subscriptions? If not, then where do you propose that this money comes from, if not from new subscription pricing?