Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I’ll provide brief commentary of my Tesla experience, may relate to some. This post is of my views, and I do not intend to impose my views on anyone.

I currently own 3 Teslas, 2022 M3P, 2022 MY and 2023 MYP, prior I had a 2021 M3 SR+. I have a MX Plaid and CT on order.

I am no Tesla fanboy or a nerd but I am into cars, bikes, aircrafts, anything in mobility.

Pre Tesla

I grew up driving VW - VWs, Audis, Porsches and Skodas. My last ICE cars were SQ7, RS3 and Skoda RS.

My earliest engagement with Tesla was in 2015, when I was keen on a MS. The 7 months wait and the support (concerned of the lack of) made me walk into an Audi dealership. Fast forward to 2021, when there were some 1500 Teslas enroute to Australia, so for the first time, I’m able to get into a Tesla in 3 weeks.

Preparation to electrify

Anxiety and questions questions questions! Thankfully, this forum is a great place. People here are generally helpful. So big thank you to those who reached out to me then.

My journey so far

Range - I travel 25K annually, there is no range anxiety with proper planning. I have a home charger installed, but have not used it regularly (2 times in the last 12 months). I rely on free Chargefox public chargers and solar to juice my EVs.

Savings - I have saved circa $4500 annually from fuel, more if I factor in scheduled services required for an ICE car.

Charging - Fortunately, I have a free 22kW Chargefox charger (3km) and a free council 50kW fast charger (5km) near me. Admittedly, I see myself ‘planning my visit’ now as these stations are getting crowded with the increasing EVs.

Behaviour - Moving into EVs will see some behavioural change. For me, other than planning my journeys in the days to come (I keep my cars’ SOC at 50%), one positive behaviour change I experienced is my health. Instead of paying for gym membership, I chose to walk back home when I charge, walking back when the charge is completed. Walking evolved to running earlier this year. I lost 4kg since.

Service - This is where legacy brands are put to shame. I have 20+ services recoded and every appointment (mobile and on-site) is seamless. Note there is nothing problematic here, just being my OCD self, I schedule a service for anything from stains to the seats, trims to rattles. The longest they had my car was 5 days (loaner provided), to diagnose a rattle on the rear parcel shelf. This issue was looked at before, but seemed to reappear. And after 5 days and 250kms of testing, the culprit is my plastic shopping basket handles vibrating while the car is in motion 😂😂. We missed that because the basket is contained in the boot’s well. Kudos to the service team.

Service costs - Had 2 alignments and balancing done, one cabin filter change so far, adding up to $600. Try that with Audi.

Accident - I had 2 unfortunate experiences, my M3 SR+ and my M3P were both rear ended. Both took 5 months and 3 months to get back into the road due to lack of parts. Hope Tesla has upped the game since.

Driving - A familiar theme, driving is different from an ICE car, in a good way to me. Acceleration is instant, speed is maintained up/down a slope and regeneration is great.

Quality - Having seen the MS, build quality is definitely better than Fremont. And it has gotten better since 2021.

Comfort - Comfort is generally good, but not on par with the premium brands. The new comfort suspension is way ahead of the previous set up.

Software - I am not fussed with the typical complaints - phantom braking etc, as we are still the beta testers in Tesla speak. I enjoy driving, I do not engage driving aids regularly. Still, I like how the car updates itself and I find something useful like the signal cancelling function.

Think the above covers the ‘daily facets’ of owning an EV.

To this day, Tesla has matured and progressed. I have tried other cars from BYD to Porsche to Cupra to Hyundai, none can match Tesla’s offerings. And it’s my own opinion. I look forward to the competition catching up, offering good options as we transition to more EVs.

Ta.

F5A6BED4-8115-4FCA-A1B0-C99D5BF1653F.jpeg

For those on single tariff, moving to ToU makes off peak cheaper (and cheaper to charge vehicle) however you pay for it with peak electricity. Some peak rates are triple the single rate. Meaning for every kW of peak tariff you use you could have had 3 hrs of single tariff.

I've not seen peak rates triple the single rate, that seems very excessive. If we look at Red Energy in the Energex area for example, their flat rate is 26.2 c/kWh whereas their peak / shoulder / off-peak are 35.5 / 23.3 / 22.0 (peak is 4pm-8pm weekdays, off-peak is 10pm-7am and shoulder is the rest of the time). So as long as your consumption in those 20 peak hours a week is less than a third of your consumption in the remaining 148 hours, you should come out ahead.

The best way to work out your hourly electricity consumption is to use a power consumption meter which (often called a CT clamp) - an electrician can install - basically a device which has a loop installed around the distribution cable. It will measure the electricity use 24/7. Give it about a year to work out when you are using electricity, then decide using a spreadsheet.
If you have a meter with a flashing LED consumption light, you can get a device like a PowerPal or Emerald EMS and self-install.

But you do have to consider how much load you're able to easily shift as well.

For me no. Pre EV my biggest electricity consumption is 3xAC. In winter can be over 100kW/24hrs. Most consumption is during off peak. But while EV charging can be easily time shifted, the cheapest elec is during excess solar (which is cheaper than offpeak from grid).

For those on single tariff, moving to ToU makes off peak cheaper (and cheaper to charge vehicle) however you pay for it with peak electricity. Some peak rates are triple the single rate. Meaning for every kW of peak tariff you use you could have had 3 hrs of single tariff.

As always YMMV
The best way to work out your hourly electricity consumption is to use a power consumption meter which (often called a CT clamp) - an electrician can install - basically a device which has a loop installed around the distribution cable. It will measure the electricity use 24/7. Give it about a year to work out when you are using electricity, then decide using a spreadsheet.

The differences are not necessarily all that massive.
I agree. I downloaded my usage for the last 12 months (prior to EV) from my retailer (in 30 minute increments) and modelled this against the various rates (flat vs ToU). I found that the difference was next to nothing, with ToU on my current retailer slightly ahead in fact. This means that ToU will also give me access to a much cheaper rate to charge the EV overnight. As has also been stated by others, my behaviour is also likely to change as I load shift to off peak times.

I downloaded my usage for the last 12 months (prior to EV) from my retailer (in 30 minute increments) and modelled this against the various rates (flat vs ToU)
You are absolutely right
In other words no retailer is going to give a customer a cheaper plan by just changing from single tariff to TOU (other than due to competitive pressures from other retailers)
However, the hourly usage data can only be obtained if the meter is a smart meter. A lot of people with single tariff do not have smart meters and dont have visibility into hourly usage - other than getting a CT clamp power meter.

Does installing a smart meter to allow visibility of hourly consumption cause the retailers to remove single tariff as an available plan later down the track?

For me no. Pre EV my biggest electricity consumption is 3xAC. In winter can be over 100kW/24hrs. Most consumption is during off peak. But while EV charging can be easily time shifted, the cheapest elec is during excess solar (which is cheaper than offpeak from grid).

As always YMMV

100kWh per day during winter? That is massive. I think I would have a stroke if I saw consumption figures like that. It just shows how everyone needs to check their own circumstances when making these decisions. You are right, you will probably hardly notice your EV consumption beside that unless you commute long distances.

Reactions: Quickst
I think I would have a stroke if I saw consumption figures like that
For 2022 Calendar year

Total solar generation: 33693 kWh
Total grid feed in: 22740 kWh
Total grid supplied power 19906kWh

July 2022 grid supplied power: 2797 kWh (avg 90 kWh per day)
Worst day for grid power usage 9 July 2022: 132kWh

If the EV drives 15000 km a year and assuming 11kWh = 60km
Total annual EV kWh consumption =2750kWh

Theoretically I could supply 19000/2750 = 6.9 MYLR @ 15000km each if i only use the excess solar which I currently am feeding in.:)

And with the free ChargeFox down the road, I might just keep sending excess solar to the grid, unless Im not arsed to take the EV to the shopping centre.

I am progressively getting the insulation of the house looked at for those who think my insulation is ratsh**. Next job is replacing the single glazing with double or triple glazing

#toomuchsolar

(screenshots available)

Reactions: JonDarian
You are absolutely right
In other words no retailer is going to give a customer a cheaper plan by just changing from single tariff to TOU (other than due to competitive pressures from other retailers)
However, the hourly usage data can only be obtained if the meter is a smart meter. A lot of people with single tariff do not have smart meters and dont have visibility into hourly usage - other than getting a CT clamp power meter.

Does installing a smart meter to allow visibility of hourly consumption cause the retailers to remove single tariff as an available plan later down the track?
It's been a while, but in my previous house when we changed to a smart meter it was zero cost and no change to the rates. Not sure what the situation is now.

My current property has had a smart meter since we moved in. I've always been on single rate till now. My conditions of going to ToU are that I must stay on ToU for a minimum of 12 months. After 12 months I'm free to change back to single rate. They've not indicated that single rate tariffs would become unavailable.

For 2022 Calendar year

Total solar generation: 33693 kWh
Total grid feed in: 22740 kWh
Total grid supplied power 19906kWh

July 2022 grid supplied power: 2797 kWh (avg 90 kWh per day)
Worst day for grid power usage 9 July 2022: 132kWh

If the EV drives 15000 km a year and assuming 11kWh = 60km
Total annual EV kWh consumption =2750kWh

Theoretically I could supply 19000/2750 = 6.9 MYLR @ 15000km each if i only use the excess solar which I currently am feeding in.:)

And with the free ChargeFox down the road, I might just keep sending excess solar to the grid, unless Im not arsed to take the EV to the shopping centre.

I am progressively getting the insulation of the house looked at for those who think my insulation is ratsh**. Next job is replacing the single glazing with double or triple glazing

#toomuchsolar

(screenshots available)
I export multiples of what I use, too. It is just remarkable how different our consumption is, presumably mostly due to climate. On a normal winter day, our 5-person household consumes 16kWh and that increases to 24kWh in summer.

However, it can easily be 40kWh if we aircondition during the day in summer, which we try to avoid. The EV will account for a much greater proportion of our consumption than it will for you. It sounds like both of us will be charging during the day, so mostly from solar, which is also how the other EV (Kona) in our business is charged. It is certainly a nice feeling to charge without any fossil fuels.

Is that ChargeFox an NRMA charger? I think read they are going to start charging a fee from the end of this year. That still gives you 6 months of free access, though.

The best way to work out your hourly electricity consumption is to use a power consumption meter... measure the electricity use 24/7. Give it about a year to work out when you are using electricity, then decide using a spreadsheet.

I have a PW2 which makes a big difference to one's ability to timeshift load. It also provides you with 5-minute data of all your power flows 😁. I have all my data stored for nearly 3 years now - over 410,000 rows of data.

Inserting various grid rateplans into this massive spreadsheet does show a significant difference between cheapest and most expensive plans, by a ratio of nearly 2:1. So IMO it is worth it to check every year and not pay the 'lazy tax'.

Reactions: Quickst

My old-school spinning dial meters were upgraded to a smart meter when I had solar installed in 2019. Getting a new meter was compulsory in that case, I was told, so done at no cost to me. However I was kept on a single tariff until I asked to be moved to a ToU one with my retailer. They told me I could stay on a single tariff if I wanted to. With a PW2, it would be daft to not go ToU.

For on-grid EV charging at home, you have a few options aside from paying the flat rate. Everyone's going to have their own opinion. Here's mine:

Time of Use
This will generally give you a really cheap overnight rate, but only in some states will you get a tolerable shoulder rate over the good solar hours. I'm on 24.75c off-peak, 34.83c shoulder, and 36.95c peak. Thankfully on NSW's Essential grid I get the off-peak rate all weekend, and Sunday afternoon through Monday morning are the hours I use at-home charging the most, upon returning from Sydney on what little I have left after charging at Sutton Forest. My usage for last quarter is 890kWh/226kWh/40kWh, but I use two chest freezers in lieu of a fridge/freezer, so thanks to the miracle of cool air being heavy, and gas cooking & hot water, I use almost no power for day-to-day stuff (2½kWh/day typically). YMMV.

And I'm moving into the ACT in a few weeks (hence not keeping QBN in my handle) where only one retailer quotes weekend usage as off-peak, which will irk me if it's a mistake on the info sheet. But switching from 10 amps to 32 amps will let me tolerably hold off until Sunday night, so meh.

In time, ToU will switch cheap hours from overnight (coal surplus) to lunchtime (solar surplus). In some parts of the country it already has.

Controlled Load 2 (NSW) / Off Peak 3 (ACT) / Tariff 33 (QLD)
Every state has a different name for the same basic setup. Except Victoria, where it doesn't exist. This is typically used for pool pumps, underfloor heating, and sometimes for off-peak hot water. And car chargers. You'll get an energised circuit when the grid is healthy, and it'll shut itself off when the grid sends a signal down the line to do so. Around here this will include at least 6 out of the 9 hours 10pm-7am and at least 4 hours over lunchtime. Though typically it'll include all hours except 7-9am and 5-8pm weekdays, and all weekend. Key exceptions will be every may when the power grid is in an unhealthy state every May when the suppliers start playing shennanigans, and on really hot Summer days when air con stresses the grid. It's usually a very good deal, despite being seriously old-fashioned.

Demand Tariffs
These are a mystical invention that varies state-by-state and grid-by-grid and retailer-by-retailer, so I won't pretend to explain beyond that there's a period in the afternoon where they measure the most demand you put on the grid. They take the highest value at any point during that month, and multiply that by a set dollar value, and apply that dollar value to every day that month, on top of your usual daily charge. You then pay a discounted rate per kWh for actual usage. So long as you don't charge your car during the afternoon/evening, it's usually an OK deal. It's an especially good deal for people who work afternoon shifts & aren't home during the hours in question.

And I'm moving into the ACT in a few weeks (hence not keeping QBN in my handle) where only one retailer quotes weekend usage as off-peak, which will irk me if it's a mistake on the info sheet. But switching from 10 amps to 32 amps will let me tolerably hold off until Sunday night, so meh.

In time, ToU will switch cheap hours from overnight (coal surplus) to lunchtime (solar surplus). In some parts of the country it already has.
This is probably because EvoEnergy, the DNSP in the ACT, does not differentiate between weekdays and weekends in its residential TOU network tariff. The retailers don't have to follow the DNSP tariff structure, but they often do.

You may be interested in EvoEnergy's proposed 2024-2029 residential TOU tariff structure - as you say, they're adding a lunchtime solar sponge period, and they're also removing the shoulder periods and the morning peak:

uElbTQ3.png

(The "tiered off-peak" is what they call an inclining block tariff - basically you get off-peak for the first 6kWh you consume each hour, then a higher rate for anything above that - which they want to encourage people to spread their EV charging out in the off-peak period rather than charging at 11kW for an hour or two).

You may be interested in EvoEnergy's proposed 2024-2029 residential TOU tariff structure
That's an understatement!

<https://www.aer.gov.au/system/files...f Structure Statement-January 2023_Public.pdf>

The only thing that's missing is an initiative to fund the wholesale installation of EVSEs at workplaces and parking stations on an 11am-3pm solar sponge controlled load. It'd reduce the need to slug solar panel exporters for daring to export more than 5kWh/hr 11am to 3pm. But I suppose that's the wrong document for that.

That's an understatement!

<https://www.aer.gov.au/system/files/Evoenergy-Attachment 7 Tariff Structure Statement-January 2023_Public.pdf>

The only thing that's missing is an initiative to fund the wholesale installation of EVSEs at workplaces and parking stations on an 11am-3pm solar sponge controlled load. It'd reduce the need to slug solar panel exporters for daring to export more than 5kWh/hr 11am to 3pm. But I suppose that's the wrong document for that.
…And we’re still talking power

Not fussed about a thread titled My Tesla Experience.
The OP has had their say and the cost of power affects your Tesla experience. I consider this to be one of those uncontrollable threads like the many waiting room threads.
If anyone wants to be able to come back and refer to anything in this thread I suggest they start a thread on the relevant topic.

I get it back on track

My responses to the original points:

Range - M3RWD with LFP, consistently and usable, 260 miles, MYP with Lithion, consistently and usable 270 miles. This is the max for when we road trip, pushing the top and bottom percentages. I will say the MYP is less efficient and that number is impacted by driving quick, fast and climate controls at max for its so large vs the M3. We are very happy with the ranges and see below in charging for more. Happy

Savings - This area is easy for us to compare for we went from two trucks, approx 8-15 mpg to over 120 empg with the two Teslas. Also, the constant care and feeding the ICEs was exhausting: oil changes, air filter changes, engine and engine bay cleaning, radiator system checking, under vehicle leak checking, brakes etc. For gas and oil alone, tremendous savings; estimating 80% savings. For the mental exhaustion savings, its been great., priceless. I only need to make sure they are plugged in each night. Happy

Charging - Home charging, we have 2x Gen3s off of a subpanel, where we can charge both Ts at the same time, max current. We love the Gen3s quality and reliability. The NACS handle is the best. The MCU is our backup and for emergencies, when we dont have Tesla SC/3rd pty CCS or hotels J1772 which never happens. We like the MCU. Tesla Supercharging SC, nothing short of uneventful, seamless and thus amazing. The gold standard of public charging. CCS, terrible, large handle, my EVgo experience was sloppy, had to call, slow charge which they called L3, but at 50kw, terrible. J1772, ok experience, most hotels dont feel its necessary to understand the state of their chargers as they are non operational alot of times, but when they are operational, we do enjoy the free overnight charging. We have both Ts doing scheduled charges at 1AM daily. Happy.

Behavior - The in vehicle app or what some people are calling Tesla OS is great and the OTA updates are fantastic. We are getting tweaks and new features all of the time. With our Apple iPad muscle memory, the Tesla OS was easy to learn. I do like the Tesla OS agile development process where a groundswell of ask/complaints, yields Tesla to fixing and pushing the request asap. I now have a little wiper symbol on the bottom left of my screen for quick wiper control. With that, they can remove the stalk if they want. In each vehicle we have five profiles/drivers. The profile management is amazing for steering, mirror and seat adjustment along with your screen setup/icons and apps. Happy

Service - I am a people person and at the beginning, middle and now, came to personally know most of the people at my local Tesla service center. I know the manager, top dog, and can text and email all when I need to get them moving in my direction. I have had a stellar experience with everyone at the location. I dropped off a four foot long hero for the holidays, thanking them and their high quality service. Happy.

Service costs - None, M3 had an alignment issue at delivery, they fixed it immediately. MYP has been stellar.

Driving - M3RWD, the fun per $ is amazing. This vehicle feels throw back to the old days of rear wheel drive vehicles. Love the light weight feel and quickness. Highway driving is very good. No complaints. MYP is a big vehicle in comparison to the M3. Its our large speed deamon. Its our utility vehicle for packing alot and road trips, shopping and the home depot runs. We only have AP and enjoy using it especially on long trips. AP makes a profound difference in your mental and physical tiredness after a long drive. Ive been driving 10+ hours south and now do it with AP and its a completely different feeling at the destination, not mentally and physically tired. Happy

Quality - We have not experienced anything significant on both vehicles. The MYP has a slight paint blemish from the factory that was pointed out by the PPF shop and I did not even notice, I let it go. The rear hatch was off slightly, but they realigned it right after delivery. Happy

Comfort - I have experienced many vehicles where the seats cause discomfort after 10+ hours of driving, this includes a 2012 $45K at the time, Toyota Highlander Unlimited. But my 20 year old Toyota Landcruiser had dream seats all the way to the end. Seems the very lux seats, which provide 20 hours of driving comfort, show up at the max $ which in 2023 seems to be $80K+. Let me set for the record, I like the seats in the two Ts, no issues at all for any driving. The rear seat space is perfect for its a lot. Back to lux, for up to 12 hours of driving I don't miss the $80K seats, but the Tesla seats are not BMW/Merc seats for the 20+ hour driving and don't need them to be for I did not pay that much money. Happy

No offense, you own a lot of Teslas, but want to point out the entire Tesla story beyond the vehicle, which is what I feel has the biggest value:

Buying Research - The amount of information from Tesla, these forums, the internet in general is amazing. I was prepared very well doing the research. Happy

Accessory Market - The amount of stuff for customizing and protecting the Tesla's inside and out if vast. The M3 and MY being number one global vehicles has caused the market to respond. Happy

Pre Buying Interaction with Tesla - This was the highlight starting with Tesla. Load the app to your iphone, create an account, and see the pricing coupled with the research results and start to formulate which vehicle you want. They have virtual people that text and call, very nice and informative. They do a warm hand off to the local service center to move the buying experience forward. Happy

Phone App - It the perfect app where a Nissan sales person was amazed I could buy Tesla merch from the Tesla iphone app. Also solar and powerwall access is integrated to the app. When we purchased our second T, it showed up automatically in the app,. Adding people to each vehicle can be done via airdrop while they are next to me in the vehicle or anywhere, via the app. I was able to adjust the climate from the back seat with someone driving with the app. I am able to track people driving the Ts and understand where they are going. I am able to setup NAV and send to the vehicle. I am able to check sentry video when the vehicle is parked anywhere. I am able to run climate when in between stores keeping the food cold. I am able to constantly check pricing on my future dreams of more Ts. Happy

Demo Drives - What manufacture leaves you with a $65K, at the time, vehicle without any sales person and gives you 30-60 minutes of alone driving to help you understand what life will be like with the vehicle? Only Tesla. We test drove demos four times for a total of three hours. Wow. Happy

Trade In - We traded in two vehicles and with the sales tax savings in NYS, we did very well and it was no hassle. My best story is that Tesla took my 20+ year old Landcruiser with a check engine light on, unrepaired body damage and a ripped front leather passenger seat. Happy

Delivery - We used waitingfortesla.com to target and secure the exact vehicle we wanted ahead of time, no ordering and not waiting. They were flexible and patient, we were able to change vehicles last minute when we did not like something. We had our prepared check lists at delivery, all of the finance and insurance had completed, we checked over the vehicles and they passed. Follow up adjustments noted above were addressed quickly and even same day. Happy

Living Tesla - Owning a Tesla means that you are operating in the ecosystem stated below, using the app, aware of the news and company's activity, innovation and plans. The stock, the announcements, the plans for their future, SpaceX, Neuralink, The Boring Company, Tesla Solar, Optimus, etc. All of this activity and leading their industries is amazing. Not fanboy, but real leadership leading GM/Ford and the SCs, to Nasa and the Tesla reusable rockets, Neuralink human trials, etc. Happy

In the forums, I have called the above the Tesla ecosystem. No other EV manufacture has this and Ford has taken notice as they are hinting at licensing it from Tesla.

You cannot deny the above for it makes owning a Tesla seamless, uneventful and easy. We all enjoy easy.
Waiting on the CT.

Reactions: Power Hungry
I get it back on track

My responses to the original points:

Range - M3RWD with LFP, consistently and usable, 260 miles, MYP with Lithion, consistently and usable 270 miles. This is the max for when we road trip, pushing the top and bottom percentages. I will say the MYP is less efficient and that number is impacted by driving quick, fast and climate controls at max for its so large vs the M3. We are very happy with the ranges and see below in charging for more. Happy

Savings - This area is easy for us to compare for we went from two trucks, approx 8-15 mpg to over 120 empg with the two Teslas. Also, the constant care and feeding the ICEs was exhausting: oil changes, air filter changes, engine and engine bay cleaning, radiator system checking, under vehicle leak checking, brakes etc. For gas and oil alone, tremendous savings; estimating 80% savings. For the mental exhaustion savings, its been great., priceless. I only need to make sure they are plugged in each night. Happy

Charging - Home charging, we have 2x Gen3s off of a subpanel, where we can charge both Ts at the same time, max current. We love the Gen3s quality and reliability. The NACS handle is the best. The MCU is our backup and for emergencies, when we dont have Tesla SC/3rd pty CCS or hotels J1772 which never happens. We like the MCU. Tesla Supercharging SC, nothing short of uneventful, seamless and thus amazing. The gold standard of public charging. CCS, terrible, large handle, my EVgo experience was sloppy, had to call, slow charge which they called L3, but at 50kw, terrible. J1772, ok experience, most hotels dont feel its necessary to understand the state of their chargers as they are non operational alot of times, but when they are operational, we do enjoy the free overnight charging. We have both Ts doing scheduled charges at 1AM daily. Happy.

Behavior - The in vehicle app or what some people are calling Tesla OS is great and the OTA updates are fantastic. We are getting tweaks and new features all of the time. With our Apple iPad muscle memory, the Tesla OS was easy to learn. I do like the Tesla OS agile development process where a groundswell of ask/complaints, yields Tesla to fixing and pushing the request asap. I now have a little wiper symbol on the bottom left of my screen for quick wiper control. With that, they can remove the stalk if they want. In each vehicle we have five profiles/drivers. The profile management is amazing for steering, mirror and seat adjustment along with your screen setup/icons and apps. Happy

Service - I am a people person and at the beginning, middle and now, came to personally know most of the people at my local Tesla service center. I know the manager, top dog, and can text and email all when I need to get them moving in my direction. I have had a stellar experience with everyone at the location. I dropped off a four foot long hero for the holidays, thanking them and their high quality service. Happy.

Service costs - None, M3 had an alignment issue at delivery, they fixed it immediately. MYP has been stellar.

Driving - M3RWD, the fun per $ is amazing. This vehicle feels throw back to the old days of rear wheel drive vehicles. Love the light weight feel and quickness. Highway driving is very good. No complaints. MYP is a big vehicle in comparison to the M3. Its our large speed deamon. Its our utility vehicle for packing alot and road trips, shopping and the home depot runs. We only have AP and enjoy using it especially on long trips. AP makes a profound difference in your mental and physical tiredness after a long drive. Ive been driving 10+ hours south and now do it with AP and its a completely different feeling at the destination, not mentally and physically tired. Happy

Quality - We have not experienced anything significant on both vehicles. The MYP has a slight paint blemish from the factory that was pointed out by the PPF shop and I did not even notice, I let it go. The rear hatch was off slightly, but they realigned it right after delivery. Happy

Comfort - I have experienced many vehicles where the seats cause discomfort after 10+ hours of driving, this includes a 2012 $45K at the time, Toyota Highlander Unlimited. But my 20 year old Toyota Landcruiser had dream seats all the way to the end. Seems the very lux seats, which provide 20 hours of driving comfort, show up at the max $ which in 2023 seems to be $80K+. Let me set for the record, I like the seats in the two Ts, no issues at all for any driving. The rear seat space is perfect for its a lot. Back to lux, for up to 12 hours of driving I don't miss the $80K seats, but the Tesla seats are not BMW/Merc seats for the 20+ hour driving and don't need them to be for I did not pay that much money. Happy

No offense, you own a lot of Teslas, but want to point out the entire Tesla story beyond the vehicle, which is what I feel has the biggest value:

Buying Research - The amount of information from Tesla, these forums, the internet in general is amazing. I was prepared very well doing the research. Happy

Accessory Market - The amount of stuff for customizing and protecting the Tesla's inside and out if vast. The M3 and MY being number one global vehicles has caused the market to respond. Happy

Pre Buying Interaction with Tesla - This was the highlight starting with Tesla. Load the app to your iphone, create an account, and see the pricing coupled with the research results and start to formulate which vehicle you want. They have virtual people that text and call, very nice and informative. They do a warm hand off to the local service center to move the buying experience forward. Happy

Phone App - It the perfect app where a Nissan sales person was amazed I could buy Tesla merch from the Tesla iphone app. Also solar and powerwall access is integrated to the app. When we purchased our second T, it showed up automatically in the app,. Adding people to each vehicle can be done via airdrop while they are next to me in the vehicle or anywhere, via the app. I was able to adjust the climate from the back seat with someone driving with the app. I am able to track people driving the Ts and understand where they are going. I am able to setup NAV and send to the vehicle. I am able to check sentry video when the vehicle is parked anywhere. I am able to run climate when in between stores keeping the food cold. I am able to constantly check pricing on my future dreams of more Ts. Happy

Demo Drives - What manufacture leaves you with a $65K, at the time, vehicle without any sales person and gives you 30-60 minutes of alone driving to help you understand what life will be like with the vehicle? Only Tesla. We test drove demos four times for a total of three hours. Wow. Happy

Trade In - We traded in two vehicles and with the sales tax savings in NYS, we did very well and it was no hassle. My best story is that Tesla took my 20+ year old Landcruiser with a check engine light on, unrepaired body damage and a ripped front leather passenger seat. Happy

Delivery - We used waitingfortesla.com to target and secure the exact vehicle we wanted ahead of time, no ordering and not waiting. They were flexible and patient, we were able to change vehicles last minute when we did not like something. We had our prepared check lists at delivery, all of the finance and insurance had completed, we checked over the vehicles and they passed. Follow up adjustments noted above were addressed quickly and even same day. Happy

Living Tesla - Owning a Tesla means that you are operating in the ecosystem stated below, using the app, aware of the news and company's activity, innovation and plans. The stock, the announcements, the plans for their future, SpaceX, Neuralink, The Boring Company, Tesla Solar, Optimus, etc. All of this activity and leading their industries is amazing. Not fanboy, but real leadership leading GM/Ford and the SCs, to Nasa and the Tesla reusable rockets, Neuralink human trials, etc. Happy

In the forums, I have called the above the Tesla ecosystem. No other EV manufacture has this and Ford has taken notice as they are hinting at licensing it from Tesla.

You cannot deny the above for it makes owning a Tesla seamless, uneventful and easy. We all enjoy easy.
Waiting on the CT.
Still in the honeymoon period then

• Funny
Reactions: JonDarian