Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My order agreement now has a $5,300 credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to all. Although I was furious when my VIN was cancelled and delivery delayed in late September it all seems to have worked in my financial favor. The luck of the draw:)

Just got off the phone with my Service Center. Still have free supercharging for life, so In my case the credit was not a trade off. Not sure if that’s because I own a Model S and Tesla is rewarding me for that, or the trade off just isn’t happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: preilly44
Thanks to all. Although I was furious when my VIN was cancelled and delivery delayed in late September it all seems to have worked in my financial favor. The luck of the draw:)

Just got off the phone with my Service Center. Still have free supercharging for life, so In my case the credit was not a trade off. Not sure if that’s because I own a Model S and Tesla is rewarding me for that, or the trade off just isn’t happening.

Did you use a referral code? Or was it just based on your order timing.

Definitely going to use your case either way as an argument on why I should get my $5k back and free supercharging!

Did you use a referral code? Or was it just based on your order timing.

Definitely going to use your case either way as an argument on why I should get my $5k back and free supercharging!

I didn’t use a referral code — in fact I did nothing. Just reviewed the order agreement every morning for the past several days, and lo and behold this morning it showed the credit. I made the reservation on 4/1/16 and ordered the car on 6/29/18. I’ve owned a Model S since May, 2013 and that might have something to do with Tesla’s favorable treatment.

A few days ago my delivery advisor, when I asked about the credit, said this was all up in the air and that I might be given a choice between unlimited free supercharging or the credit. As the order agreement said nothing about spercharging I decided to call the delivery staff at my service center to inquire. They indicated that I’d still have it, along with the credit. Don’t know why but I thought it would be best not to ask:)

Last edited:
Wonder if your supercharging will get turned off at some point or if you slipped through, since tesla may have assumed that any car still being delivered couldn't have FUSC

Here is what I got as a response

"The information from the forums is not verified from Tesla. However I can confirm that regardless of how Free Supercharging was obtained, if you choose to take the $5,000 USD refund we will turn off your cars Free Supercharging.

Please confirm if you would prefer I begin the refund process for you."

so looks like I cant keep it =(