Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Did you get a notification or just checked the App and saw it under "Vehicle Details" or something?
My EDD currently shows yesterday (May 14) as the start. I've noticed mine don't update until 7am my time (Arizona/Cali time are the same this time of year).
Wondering if your window will tighten from a "1.5-3.0 weeks away" now that you've got a VIN. Feels weird they'd assign a VIN then have that much lag time. Also, were you a SR/LR-to-Performance switch on your order? Or just hit the VIN jackpot?
Got the text at 7AM but saw the VIN in the app before that. I switched from LR.

I was reading a thread on this forum where someone said Homelink wasn't available for the refresh M3 and the previous gen M3 module would not be compatible so not installed by Tesla. I tried searching for that thread but can't find it now. I hope this isn't the case. Can someone confirm this info or confirm we would have access to purchase Homelink for our cars? I looked in the Tesla store and don't see it listed as a orderable accessory?
This is from the 2024 Model 3 manual, so it seems it should be available. It might not be available yet, but if it didn't support it, I'm not sure why they would have it in the documentation.

Ludicrous software option. Just my guess. Just like how the early Model S has the Insane option in the car then they updated it to have the ludicrous option.
Isn’t that something they would do to pump up lagging sales? Why would they ever do that when hype is high and people are excited to purchase the latest and greatest.

My guess is the service center needed to fix something they broke or they wanted some extra time to clean the car after if slayed a swarm of bees on the drive south. “Uhh yeah, it’s a Tesla, it requires software updates almost daily, that’s definitely it…”

Reactions: Sellout and gsxdsm
Ok, I just watched the Throttle House video on the Ioniq5N, and the noise and fake redline was kinda cool. I hate myself now. I still want Tesla to put time and money elsewhere...but it was neat.

I thought that was neet but that's a different kind of car. You have to get that fake shifts and sounds perfect and I don't see Tesla getting that perfect. Also you need shifters, Tesla is not adding anything to their cars. Also that's $67,000 not $53,999.

Last edited:
I was reading a thread on this forum where someone said Homelink wasn't available for the refresh M3 and the previous gen M3 module would not be compatible so not installed by Tesla. I tried searching for that thread but can't find it now. I hope this isn't the case. Can someone confirm this info or confirm we would have access to purchase Homelink for our cars? I looked in the Tesla store and don't see it listed as a orderable accessory?
The homelink module hasn't been available since last year to my knowledge. I have the module on my current M3 but ever since they moved to to MyQ, they got rid of the homelink module for purchase. I think Tesla didn't want to pay the Homelink license fee.

This is from the 2024 Model 3 manual, so it seems it should be available. It might not be available yet, but if it didn't support it, I'm not sure why they would have it in the documentation.
1715780480688.png

I bought a 2020 M3P in Dec 2019 but had to get rid of it after about 1.5 years ownership
Shortly after selling, I ordered a 2022 MSLR which I was supposed to wait 4 months for but ended up waiting over a year
Long story short I'm not satisfied with 2022MSLR

I just fired off my M3P order hoping that June 2024 might be an accurate estimated delivery
Nope- immediately after ordering my estimated delivery changed to July 2024

Here's hoping I don't get put through another wringer waiting for this car too

Reactions: Sandee3
I bought a 2020 M3P in Dec 2019 but had to get rid of it after about 1.5 years ownership
Shortly after selling, I ordered a 2022 MSLR which I was supposed to wait 4 months for but ended up waiting over a year

I just fired off my M3P order hoping that June 2024 might be an accurate estimated delivery

Lots of data here if you want to watch it unfold. Best of luck!

What in particular you didn't like about MSLR? We were going back and forth between MSLR and M3P. I have always liked the styling for Model S.