Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arrive with minimum % battery - Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happens if you are navigating to a destination which, like OP, estimates 7% arrival but nearest supercharger is 30 miles away.

How did that work?

Also, is it still using ‘as the bird flies’ distances when calculating distances to superchargers? Long time since I checked. My nearest supercharger use to be only accessible wrong side of a motorway, so I had to go well past it to then come back. Something like supercharger distance reported as being 6 miles away, but was a 15 mile drive to get there.
I think Tesla navigation assumes you can granny charge at your chosen destination or that there'll be a L2 close-by. The 7-10% is just extra buffer.

What happens if you are navigating to a destination which, like OP, estimates 7% arrival but nearest supercharger is 30 miles away.

How did that work?

Also, is it still using ‘as the bird flies’ distances when calculating distances to superchargers? Long time since I checked. My nearest supercharger use to be only accessible wrong side of a motorway, so I had to go well past it to then come back. Something like supercharger distance reported as being 6 miles away, but was a 15 mile drive to get there.
Then you get to your destination with 7% left. At this time, the Tesla app doesn't let you specify a minimum charge level at destination arrival. Once you get to your destination, the car 'assumes' you have some charging available to you.

At this time, the Tesla app doesn't let you specify a minimum charge level at destination arrival. Once you get to your destination, the car 'assumes' you have some charging available to you.
But you can use ABRP and send the route to Tesla. The ABRP setting can be marked with minimum charge level at destination.

I understand you want that in Tesla navigation but at the moment this is the short cut people use.

Last edited:
Will give it a go on my next trip 👍
Did another trip at the weekend and still can't get abrp to send it full plan to the tesla. Tried sending it to android maps, android auto, back to maps, over to tesla from any of those and nope. Just shows to the next stop. Or in 1 case when I set off it just wanted route me back to my house, skipping the other 250 miles I had to do to Tebay, Bolton, Tebay then home.

Absolutely rubbish you can't send the full route, way points and all, from abrp to tesla.

Last edited:
So I've a route planned in abrp which starts at home, goes to Tebay, Blackburn, back to Tebay, Carlisle, Newcastle, Washington chargers and back home.

Share this to maps from the sheet plan and all it does is open Google maps with Tebay selected, that's it.
Tried sharing to komoot and it says start not available, so select home, and it had the route from home to Tebay. That's it.

Think I'll just manually do it in the car.

Share this to maps from the sheet plan a
Don’t do that - share plan in ABRP - it will have share to map, open in apple map, open in google map, export to excel, add to calendar. By some reason share to map - opens up only the first stop. But if you open in google app it brings the entire ABRP map to google and from there you can share with Tesla.

Btw, I am not sure whether you have these two options in android!

Don’t do that - share plan in ABRP - it will have share to map, open in apple map, open in google map, export to excel, add to calendar. By some reason share to map - opens up only the first stop. But if you open in google app it brings the entire ABRP map to google and from there you can share with Tesla.

Btw, I am not sure whether you have these two options in android!
I'm sure I noticed that and then managed to find the share from within that app and it did the same thing, first way point only.

I'll try again.