Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those that have gone from a Model X to Cybertruck, are you happy with the switch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like the CyberTruck was launched with an initial suite of software, plus the capability of having it updated over time.

Imagine that additional features and functionality will be added OTA as it becomes approved and available.

Example is that my 2017 Model X came with it's initial software. Over the following months the automatic headlights & windshield wipers were added and downloaded. Later range and performance upgrades were downloaded free as well.

Typically, as Tesla gets additional data and time, they add functionality.
Homelink is hardware, though. Either it's installed or it isn't.

Hey all. I currently have a 2019 X Performance (Raven) that I plan to trade in for a Cyber Beast whenever it arrives in "Late 2024".

Here are some things I love about the X: Self presenting driver door, USS (I believe current models don't have these anymore?), pressing the brake to close the driver door, the instrument cluster, built in home link to open garage doors, and geo fencing for auto folding/unfolding mirrors.

So I guess I'm asking if you've switched from a Model X to a CT, are you glad you switched or is missing these features giving you any regret?

Thanks!

I have a 2018 X and have very similar thoughts about switching to the Cybertruck in the future. I love the CT, but am really not keen on losing those features from the X (self presenting doors, falcon wing doors, instrument cluster and my favourite, the windshield), though the CT does have a bit of a similar thing going on with the windshield almost going overhead.

I had a 2019 X (Raven) and have a 2021 S Plaid and am waiting on a Cybertruck. I'd say the X is a great, well-featured, minivan and fantastic at minivan things like carting around kids and their stuff. The Palladium S is a fantastic grand touring sedan with amazing trunk space and super-fast charging when needed. The Cybertruck seeems better built than both of those vehicles, and is a pickup truck.

Sure you can use a Cybertruck as a minivan, but it won't excel at minivan things.
You can also use the Cybertruck as a grand touring sedan, but it won't excel at sedan things like driving around cities/tight streets and fitting into narrow or short parking spaces.

I like having an instrument cluster as a driver. I like having a rearview mirror as a driver. I do miss the auto-closing doors and falcon wings of the X, but not that much (maybe it's because I moved to a Plaid which has its own set of favorable attributes). The S is much easier to park and much, much quicker (my X was a Performance Ludicrous). It also charges much faster.

Ultimately, it comes down to what's important to you. If it's the creature comforts then a newer/new X may be your best bet as they are priced quite attractively today IMHO. The new X is a big upgrade from a Raven and even bigger set of updates from the pre-Ravens. Maybe the best answer to a new Cybertruck isn't a Cybertruck at all - it's a new X?

Reactions: bill-dub-ya
The S charges faster than what? I'd assume all the latest Li-ion based Teslas charge at similar rates...?
The Palladium S Plaid charges much faster (higher charging rates) than my Raven X Performance Ludicrous. Higher peak charging speeds and faster time to charge overall. For just about any charge, the S Plaid will also charge "faster" than a Cybertruck in the sense that 10-80% will happen quicker due to the smaller battery on the S Plaid AND, if you consider distance gained in 15 minutes as Tesla likes to report, the S Plaid will recoup more distance faster than a Raven X or I'd wager a Cybertruck.

Now, it may still be beat by a new Model 3 as the 3 has a much smaller battery and higher efficiency...

The Palladium S Plaid
This is redundant "Palladium Plaid" (all Plaids are Palladium platform, but not the other way around) and makes it less clear as to what you are saying. Are all Palladiums (e.g. a 2024 Long Range not Plaid) faster charging, or only Plaids?

Edit, also IMO kW of charging rate is the main thing that matters. How many miles you recoup in a given amount of time is variable depending on too many other factors like driving style, speed (is this a hwy road trip, or around town?) and vehicle specific efficiency. Obviously the S is going to recoup more "miles of range" for a given kWh of energy added than a CT or X because it's way more efficient overall.

I'm mostly curious what the average kW speed of charging for say a 10%-80% top up, is for various models, and if that varies much from model to model. I would think that for the same battery technology, all Teslas of the same era will charge at the same kW speed. What range you get out of that is another story.

I'm mostly curious what the average kW speed of charging for say a 10%-80% top up, is for various models, and if that varies much from model to model. I would think that for the same battery technology, all Teslas of the same era will charge at the same kW speed. What range you get out of that is another story.
For the same battery technology (make up and size, which are different across almost all Teslas), sure, but the CT has a different battery than the S/X which is different than other models. The 4680 charging curve was super nerfed until a few months ago. I assume it will continue to get better as they test/see the results.