Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it funny that people otherwise don't believe a word Elon says hold on to this tweet religiously, way to be consistent guys...

For starters, he said "my commitment", not Tesla's commitment. And he's also allowed to change his mind, in fact he does this all the time, you can call it a "pivot" in startup jargon.

I mean, not as funny as the mental gymnastics people will do to pretend what Elon said is some 69d chess thing instead of just accepting the literal meaning of his words.

He said that in direct follow up to a tweet about Teslas legal team not his personal one.

And in that direct follow-up he said we not I will never surrender/settle an unjust case against us.

Therefore the only sane conclusion here is if Tesla settles a case against them, it was a just case.

Unless, as you suggest, he "changed his mind" with no word about it, and suddenly he's settling unjust cases... because.... why again?

If BYD was top notch, they would be opening showrooms in US and not Brazil ;)
(before the recently announced tariffs that is). cheers!!

BYD straight up told us a while ago they weren't entering the US consumer EV market (they're already in the commercial one here) specifically because it was too complicated.... could be they already knew the tariff stuff was coming (or likely enough anyway it wasn't worth the risk).

Last edited:
I mean, not as funny as the mental gymnastics people will do to pretend what Elon said is some 69d chess thing instead of just accepting the literal meaning of his words.

He said that in direct follow up to a tweet about Teslas legal team not his personal one.

And in that direct follow-up he said we not I will never surrender/settle an unjust case against us.

Therefore the only sane conclusion here is if Tesla settles a case against them, it was a just case.
No, that's not the only sane conclusion at all. It's his personal commitment which could be related to Tesla, but it's still not Tesla's commitment. This doesn't need 69d chess to understand, it's just basic reading comprehension.

However that's hardly the point, doesn't take a genius to figure out the real issue here is naysayers cherry picking which Elon's tweet to believe.

Unless, as you suggest, he "changed his mind" with no word about it, and suddenly he's settling unjust cases... because.... why again?
Many reasons. Lack of resources for example, they have many cases to fight and a limited number of lawyers, makes sense to focus resources on more important cases. And it's a delicate time for Tesla, they may not want to risk a loss in court, even if the probability is low, especially if settlement is cheap. Also he used to have faith in US legal system, but the comp package ruling changes things, this would affect his legal strategy for obvious reasons.

One should not believe everything that's found from internet. Even if source is "trustworthy " like head of the state (POTUS, Putin etc.) , business leader (Elon, Barra) or "journalist" (Lora, Fred). Even if person who gives information believes it to be the truth (or reasonable presentation of the truth) at the time when information is provided.

And then the third person interpolate from information provaided and keeps their view of it as the real truth.

Elon was(is still?) building "hardcore" litigation team, if teams current status is "softcore", then they cannot do hc things. Just like mostly everything in Tesla, things take time to accomplish.