Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My daughter was out of power for 4 days near the Cyprus area and she would like something to get through these constant power outages. She is not ready to go solar, but I told her should could probably get Powerwalls and charge them at night on a free night plan. How easy it this?
Go ecoflow or something similar. A stackable battery LFP

Reactions: GWord
I have two Powerwalls for backup only. No solar. They top off twice per 24 hrs for a short time. If there’s an outage the Powerwalls give me power using about 2% per hour (no AC). With this last outage of about 8 hours it didn’t take much to charge them back up. Unless she intends to do the full “battery during the day, charge at night” scenario I don’t see the need to change plans. But then, being with the same company for 10 years I’m only paying 9c per kWh anyway.

Reactions: Jones1
1716600290369.png
*sugar* under 5k now

I think those ecoflows are nice, but be cautious of expectations... it's not going be rough trying to start 3-4 ton AC units that are common here in H-Town. The thing I like about Powerwalls and whole home setups is that you don't have to change how you choose to operate when there's an outage. You have to pay for it of course.

Tax Credit is 4kWh or more.
It's actually just 3kWh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jones1
I think those ecoflows are nice, but be cautious of expectations... it's not going be rough trying to start 3-4 ton AC units that are common here in H-Town. The thing I like about Powerwalls and whole home setups is that you don't have to change how you choose to operate when there's an outage. You have to pay for it of course.

It's actually just 3kWh.
Nice.
Definitely not a competitor to Tesla and Powerwall. Ecoflow is for consumers that want a smaller off grid solution. For consumers that are not ready to spend $5,000 or more on storage. I’m using my Ecoflow Delta 2 max for my storage shed.
Jackery
Anker
Also have some nice portable battery storage solutions.