Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SA Govt EV Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RAA have announced their 2nd super site in Mt Gambier. Geat to have more stalls but It's a bit of a shame as they said that's all of the super sites ie only 2 Super sites. There is already the 6 stall Tesla Supercharger in Mt Gambier so now we have 13 stalls in the town. A super site at somewhere like Keith or Bordertown is what would have been nice. The 3 stall RAA charger at Bordertown I avoid unless desperate as it's not near food or coffee shops. I hate just sitting in the car charging.
Mt Gambier will have more super fast charging than Adelaide at this rate haha.

I agree, Keith or surrounding areas could do with some more dcfc for the Victoria bound or originating traffic. Ohh well, something is better than nothing :)

This should keep dronus happy. . . .

Up on Chargefox is Station 8698, Vicinity Centres Colonnades - Beach Road, Noarlunga Centre. It doesn't look like it is on-line.

Chargefox Noarlunga.png

I doubt it is RAA. I suspect it might be Engie.

Edit - Looks like it is now on-line. And it is on PlugShare.

Last edited:
This should keep dronus happy. . . .

Up on Chargefox is Station 8698, Vicinity Centres Colonnades - Beach Road, Noarlunga Centre. It doesn't look like it is on-line.

View attachment 1051235

I doubt it is RAA. I suspect it might be Engie.
Yes, and there is certainly an interesting story behind this one….

You might see more appearing around libraries too.

Reactions: dronus
Dropped into colonaids tonight and found all chargers working.
Got harassed by a group of teenagers, some impressed, others “wouldn’t spit on a Tesla unless I put a big donk under the bonnet” etc. Also got asked colourful questions like “how does it sound when it revs” and “can I watch Netflix?”
Ended up with a strange short guy staring at me holding his phone, I think he was recording, not sure. Anyway…

Chargers are excellent, I already had a high soc but don’t doubt these would crank.

The 22kw charger didn’t charge me $, but I wasn’t there very long.

The big charger ramped up fast soon after these pics.

IMG_0689.jpeg
IMG_0690.jpeg
IMG_0692.jpeg
IMG_0693.jpeg

Ohh and all chargers use the chargefox rfid card or the app to start/stop.
I was able to stop the charge via the Tesla app for the 2 faster chargers, but the BYzo cable type 2 could be started via rfid but needed to stop via the chargefox app.
Not sure if that’s normal.
I kinda didn’t want to hang around so it might have just been me.

It's great to see a Chargemate operating faster than 7kW....

32A -> 11kW. Isn't it normally 3 phase 16A that gets you 11kW on a Tesla.

It's great to see a Chargemate operating faster than 7kW....

32A -> 11kW. Isn't it normally 3 phase 16A that gets you 11kW on a Tesla.
Yeah I thought I was tripping out more than the kids that were hassling me. I thought 32a single phase is 7kw, not sure why it said 11kw

It would be awesome to see some chargers at Southgate Plaza and Hallett Cove shops.
Then, as we catch up to the eastern states, chargers at the beach car parks at Christie’s, Port Noarlunga and then Council Libraries at Aberfoyle park (The Hub), Woodcroft, Seaford, Aldinga and maybe Willunga. All have large solar systems and access to decent power.

The Colonaids setup is quite good. Not sure I’d want to be there at night for too long but at least it is well lit and away from the pubs.

Reactions: Jules22
Ohh and all chargers use the chargefox rfid card or the app to start/stop.
I was able to stop the charge via the Tesla app for the 2 faster chargers, but the BYzo cable type 2 could be started via rfid but needed to stop via the chargefox app.
Not sure if that’s normal.
I kinda didn’t want to hang around so it might have just been me.
Might be worth posting in the Chargefox thread since they're not SA Govt / RAA Charge chargers ;) ChargeFox EV charging Network

Or even better - the Engie thread ;) Engie Australian EV charging network

Back on topic - the AC charger at Yalata is supposed to be under construction this week.

Yalata Roadhouse and Caravan Park (Coming Soon) | Yalata, SA | EV Station

Then the Border Village, and I think RAA were putting in one at Nullarbor to? Bit sad they're only AC, but a good backup to the DC options on other networks at least

Might be worth posting in the Chargefox thread since they're not SA Govt / RAA Charge chargers ;) ChargeFox EV charging Network

Or even better - the Engie thread ;) Engie Australian EV charging network

Back on topic - the AC charger at Yalata is supposed to be under construction this week.

Yalata Roadhouse and Caravan Park (Coming Soon) | Yalata, SA | EV Station

Then the Border Village, and I think RAA were putting in one at Nullarbor to? Bit sad they're only AC, but a good backup to the DC options on other networks at least
Oops, sorry, will do!