Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see mostly tons of great press about the CT and people very happy with it. Tesla is getting millions (tens of millions? hundreds of millions?) of dollars of free publicity. Clearly, they have created a free publicity flywheel. Whether this was dumb luck or part of a plan, it is obviously good for Tesla.

For example, Kara and Nate tried one. They have a popular YouTube channel that is mostly about travel but they also try camping out in "weird" vehicles.

72 Hours Living in NEW CyberTruck Basecamp

Near the end of the video Nate was asked if he would ever buy a Cybertruck in the future, if not then which RV would he buy. Nate said:

If I just needed a car and money didn't matter I would 100% buy the Cybertruck.
I just don't see how getting the Cybertruck splashed all over the internet for free along with impartial people expressing delight over it is bad for Tesla. There are also haters. P. T. Barnum said "there's no such thing as bad publicity". It's not clear to me that the controversy, whether sincere or not, is actually bad for Tesla.

It’s never bad for Tesla but bad for owners. In Tesla mind they can keep putting out half assed products…. “Don’t worry a software update will fix it….”

Reactions: Nack
It’s never bad for Tesla but bad for owners. In Tesla mind they can keep putting out half assed products…. “Don’t worry a software update will fix it….”

Your leap from Nate saying "If I just needed a car and money didn't matter I would 100% buy the Cybertruck." to the CT being a half-assed product that is bad for owners eludes me.

It is also amusing that one person complains the publicity is bad and therefore hurting Tesla while another complains the publicity is good and therefore hurting the owners.