Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone explain software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so last month I got the fsd free trial, I always download the latest Tesla app for phone and the bug fixes but when I view my specs for my car it says 11.1 but in brackets it reads 2024.3.25 ? How do I get caught up to 12. Do I need to be on 12 or can 11 be sufficient for new updates ?

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
2025.3.25 includes FSD v12.3.6, so you have the latest FSD. The 11.1 you see in the version number is the software UI version, which has been at 11.1 for a while. The UI version is actually changing to 12.0 soon, to make matters more confusing, but you're all set with the FSD version.

By the way, it doesn't really matter which version of the Tesla app you have on your phone, that's independent from the car except in rare cases.

Reactions: MOE J
xlol you academics make everything more complicated than it needs to be.........there are exeptions, the app dont match with the vehicles, depends on where yr car was built, where you reside, time of day, color of your socks, etc.

xlol you academics make everything more complicated than it needs to be.........there are exeptions, the app dont match with the vehicles, depends on where yr car was built, where you reside, time of day, color of your socks, etc.
Let me clarify about the exceptions: the car and the mobile app are updated independently, but occasionally there are new mobile app features that require a particular software version in the car. It’s not any more complicated than that.

All Im saying is if a new big update is out-specify criteria and who gets what.? If u do a video state version of vehicle, yr of said vehicle. Dont be generic and list a half dozen criteria’s that only a few have. Boom that simple. What we don’t want is: here’s a new update but only for this year and this model.

Maybe you should go work for Tesla so you can fix it.
I wish-it’s like there is a bottle neck slow roll out, so they hire an efficiency expert to do a 2 year study at $2 million and they conclude u need to get rid of all the things that slow software roll out speed. Now that gotta recoup the $2 million so they add it price of car and they work on reducing bottle neck