Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue vs White Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have heard a lot of people on YouTube and Tiktok say to get the white paint to help with the heat of the car when it’s left outside in the sun. However, it seems like everyone in my town has a white Tesla so I was thinking about the blue paint. Does anyone know if the blue car gets just as hot as a black or gray car?

I go with @jhonnycnote, get the color you want. It all gets hot in the summer. I have a black MY that stay outside in FL.

Though,
Invest in a GOOD roof sunshade. That matters.
If you have the wood dash, keep it oiled with a good furniture polish.

Cheers!
Tesla just has a wood effect dash so maybe just use a disinfecting car spray or something like that.

Upvote 0
get the blue bro 😎 stunning !
Beauty of it is that in sunlight it looks like a deep ocean blue and in cloud or dusk it has a darker hue. 2 tone tbh.

View attachment 1047688View attachment 1047689
Looks nice.
I still have the 'Blue Honda Trauma' from back in the 90's where the dark-blue vehicles had clear-coat delamination within the first 3 years. That was just after the 'water-based' conversion of the painting process. I'm sure the chemistry is different, but still, the memory of your (still-under-payments for another 2 years) car starts looking like a refugee from demo-derby brings out feeling of trauma. ;)

Upvote 0
Why not both?

I wouldn't pick the color based on cabin heat. Wife's white car had clear ceramic on the roof and I have a two-piece mesh shield on the blue. I feel the heat more only because I'm taller and my head is closer to the glass.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313-171000.png
    Screenshot_20240313-171000.png
    544.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Skavatar
Upvote 0