Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally some rain!
I’m leaving extra time to travel as typically people keep driving like it’s not raining.

Plus windscreen wiper time!!! (Maybe)

IMG_0705.jpeg

Reactions: Mes1
Great to hear you got some decent service. I've also got a creaky steering wheel. Occurs when pushing on the right side of the steering wheel. Not bad enough to be concerning in function but just enough to be annoying (to me). Only started happening in the past month or so and not in the first 2 months that I owned the car.

Can I ask which Tesla service centre you went to?
Hey mate I went to Parramatta-NSW

Been there twice now, great service both times.

Yeah mine started a month into ownership, mostly did creaking low speeds ie going up down my driveway and turning in around shopping centre carparks. But also stationary if I tested to put pressure and pushed the wheel in and up a little I could get it to creak.

Thankfully today no creaks, whatever they did for now is working anyway. :)

Anyone else experiencing turning/signal buttons (for me the right signal) not working intermittently? I've read that even having parts replaced won't fix it...
This might be due to thumb placement, perhaps you are resting thumbs over the haptic buttons so when you attempt to "press" it doesn't register and it feels already on there.

Test with thumbs away from indicators and only put them there to indicate and lift away see if happens?

Ok, gathering some data so I can make a suggestion for a certain persons YouTube EV myth busting series
Actually had a really good message today. Some guy who got turned off looking at an EV thanks to that 'Auto eggspurt' article where they drove the two BMW's from SYD to MEL and somehow managed to manufacture it to make the EV version take hours longer and cost more....

Anyhow after seeing my CBR to MEL trip he's going to organise a test drive and do some research rather than take that BS article at face value. Times like this when you are questioning if it's worth it, definitely make you feel that you are doing a good thing!

Reactions: Hairyman and dronus
Nor your head into the tail gate. Learned that one the hard way
It’s quite a low boot and tailgate yeah!

Windscreen wipers were ok on the way home today. I was stuck in traffic and they kept going in auto so I flicked them to off and just pressed the steering wheel button every now and then. Gave me something to do. Such a nice place to be, I’ve found myself just chilling out, not in any hurry to go anywhere and enjoying driving.

So I took off at the lights on the way home, it was a bit wet, I had to “manoeuvre” around a slower moving object in the other lane. When I let off the pedal I felt like a little thunk from underneath.
I’m not used to driving rear wheel drive cars in the wet, could that have been wheel slip? Or just the transmission catching up?

So I took off at the lights on the way home, it was a bit wet, I had to “manoeuvre” around a slower moving object in the other lane. When I let off the pedal I felt like a little thunk from underneath.
I’m not used to driving rear wheel drive cars in the wet, could that have been wheel slip? Or just the transmission catching up?
I’ve experienced very similar in the AWD driving in the wet today. Felt a bit unnerving.

Reactions: dronus