Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting to think about changing from 7 to 5 or 6 seater again. 😭
Can’t blame you, its trickles every week at most. So flippin’ stupid of this company to continue to sell all configs on their website and just flood 6 and 5 seaters constantly while negligent the 7-seaters. They should just take the stupid 7 config off the site if they’re going drag their feet like this.

I think if you’re not in need of a 7 seater, makes since to want to switch to the 5 and 6 seater configs…seems there are 5 seaters dropping almost every day, even multiple people with vids on YouTube of the 5 seater configs now. My situation is different with pricing changes and a dumb tesla employee taking me off my grandfathered original pricing without authorization, so they’re telling me I need to stay at 7 seater config to get my original pricing honored. So here I am, still my preferred config as the 3rd row for me was completely optional, will be rarely used, and is a just-in-case. But wanted to use of the 5 seats in the first two rows day to day. So I will be here continue hoping for this car as has been the case almost a year. If anyone switching, cant blame you at this point…

On the plus side for my wife and I, we ordered a model 3 to at least have 2 cars in house…as we had been making do with just one car for months….and we just got a vin and delivery date for that 👍🏾. That gives us till oct to get the x as her current lease on her bmw is up then. She then kindly agreed to keep the 3 and have the X as the second car…whenever it comes.

Last edited:
Can’t blame you, its trickles every week at most. So flippin’ stupid of this company to continue to sell all configs on their website and just flood 6 and 5 seaters constantly while negligent the 7-seaters. They should just take the stupid 7 config off the site if they’re going drag their feet like this.

I think if you’re not in need of a 7 seater, makes since to want to switch to the 5 and 6 seater configs…seems there are 5 seaters dropping almost every day, even multiple people with vids on YouTube of the 5 seater configs now. My situation is different with pricing changes and a dumb tesla employee taking me off my grandfathered original pricing without authorization, so they’re telling me I need to stay at 7 seater config to get my original pricing honored. So here I am, still my preferred config as the 3rd row for me was completely optional, will be rarely used, and is a just-in-case. But wanted to use of the 5 seats in the first two rows day to day. So I will be here continue hoping for this car as has been the case almost a year. If anyone switching, cant blame you at this point…

On the plus side for my wife and I, we ordered a model 3 to at least have 2 cars in house…as we had been making do with just one car for months….and we just got a vin and delivery date for that 👍🏾. That gives us till oct to get the x as her current lease on her bmw is up then. She then kindly agreed to keep the 3 and have the X as the second car…whenever it comes.
I can't help but think the floodgates should open on the 7 seaters. Rule of Tesla: If you change to a 5 or 6 seater, sure as heck my predicted floodgate will happen...

Agree, I will probably use first and second row (5 seats) most of the time and whenever our family visits us, we can use the two on the third row. It will be just once or twice a year so not a big deal for switching to 5 seater or 6. Cannot decide. I won’t have to think about this if the 7 seater was priority config for production, fuxx!

Agree, I will probably use first and second row (5 seats) most of the time and whenever our family visits us, we can use the two on the third row. It will be just once or twice a year so not a big deal for switching to 5 seater or 6. Cannot decide. I won’t have to think about this if the 7 seater was priority config for production, fuxx!
Your use-case seems very similar to mine, these were my thoughts exactly if family and friends come over, you suddenly have 5 more people you can take with you for short trips, to the restaurant etc. I can't imagine 6 or 7 people spending hours in a car to travel long distance really, so the 6 seater option didn't provide more benefit to me compared to the 7, plus the fact that the two captiains chair have no arm-rests nor can they fold down. The 7 really is a flexible config as we all know, and when spending this much I was hoping to get as much cargo and passenger capacity from it as possible.

All I can say is maybe wait out q2? If the "floodgates" dont open, maybe switch it up on July 1st, so its kinda setting a set date in your mind. Also I'm not sure of your current situation, and maybe you do need another car in the family ASAP.

It would be a bit quiet and sad on this thread with our regulars leaving though, not going to lie...ugh, then it would really be just crickets in here.

• Love
Reactions: honeyfist301
Earlier in March I changed from a 7 seater to a six seater. The only price change was the difference in the configuration (3500 I think). Your experience may vary but the sales agent told me it was a new policy to honor the original vehicle pricing.

When we made the change we were matched to a vin pretty quickly - so quick we were out of town and missed it. So I switched back to a seven seater, waited and then got that vehicle this weekend.

Your use-case seems very similar to mine, these were my thoughts exactly if family and friends come over, you suddenly have 5 more people you can take with you for short trips, to the restaurant etc. I can't imagine 6 or 7 people spending hours in a car to travel long distance really, so the 6 seater option didn't provide more benefit to me compared to the 7, plus the fact that the two captiains chair have no arm-rests nor can they fold down. The 7 really is a flexible config as we all know, and when spending this much I was hoping to get as much cargo and passenger capacity from it as possible.

All I can say is maybe wait out q2? If the "floodgates" dont open, maybe switch it up on July 1st, so its kinda setting a set date in your mind. Also I'm not sure of your current situation, and maybe you do need another car in the family ASAP.

It would be a bit quiet and sad on this thread with our regulars leaving though, not going to lie...ugh, then it would really be just crickets in here.
That’s what I exactly thinking about. We can adjust the space between passenger and cargo with 7 seater and that’s why I think the 7 seater config is the best for me!

TBH, I’m not in hurry for getting a new car. My 2019 c300 which was lease ended on Jan 2022, we buy out the car since the used car value was higher then the residual value. We have 2 cars now which is enough. There are no plan for someone visiting us anytime soon, which is good 👍.

Maybe, I will just wait til end of Q3, September and decide what to do.😭 I hope it’s the best choice.

• Love
Reactions: Kitt9000
Earlier in March I changed from a 7 seater to a six seater. The only price change was the difference in the configuration (3500 I think). Your experience may vary but the sales agent told me it was a new policy to honor the original vehicle pricing.

When we made the change we were matched to a vin pretty quickly - so quick we were out of town and missed it. So I switched back to a seven seater, waited and then got that vehicle this weekend.
Really? Maybe something was triggered when you switch the configuration! I may try that switch to 6 seater and few days after, switch back to 7 seater, then maybe getting vin few days after! Who knows. Nothing to lose, right?🥳

Congrats again on the car, we're all hoping to get a bit of that luck soon!

May I ask when they switched you back to the 7, did your Etd change to TBD for any time by any chance? or remained as a month? Just asking for a friend...who also was changed to a 6 seater....and then back to a 7... 🙄

Is it me or…….

1. I think they planned this all out to have people change to 6 seaters first because it yielded more profit. And the only reason why they went with 5 seater next after all the 6 seater upgrades because of supply’s shortages: no third row bench needed.

2. When they finally open fhe 7 seater floodgate, it will go pretty quickly with the orders as lots of people switched to a six seater or 5 seater already.

So 7 seater has ALWAYS been my first choice as I want the maximum passenger capacity. But there were a millions times I wanted to change it to the 6 seater config as my husband and I are sharing one car at the moment and it’s not fun….

So I’m holding tight and wishing hard that the only change our July EDD will make is giving us a date range.

No new news on 7 seaters? Anyone? *sigh*

I just came back from the main Model X thread and it was depressing seeing so many gorgeous pictures of 5/6 seater deliveries......
Another morning with nothing on here or on the model X Facebook posts that I can see. My next email or Txt to my "very resourceful" SA will likely start with the letters...W....T....F, and then my polite line of questioning as to what is going on w/ the 7 seaters and my order.

Another morning with nothing on here or on the model X Facebook posts that I can see. My next email or Txt to my "very resourceful" SA will likely start with the letters...W....T....F, and then my polite line of questioning as to what is going on w/ the 7 seaters and my order.
Thanks for the laugh. I think it's is time for me to text my SA as well, who seems to be getting updates from me instead of the other way around....

Thanks for the laugh. I think it's is time for me to text my SA as well, who seems to be getting updates from me instead of the other way around....
You guys are lucky to have SAs! I don't even have any SA connection.

Reactions: EV3_