Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So that was so super easy, easier than I thought it would be. Lovely clean building, staff are awesome. Car was charged to 88% which is way more than I needed. Whole process took 15 minutes! They have coffee, tea, coke etc

The car is perfect bar one really really small mark on the back which I think I will be able to get out with a machine polish. If not I will take it to Tesla but really not that worried. Everything else is incredible. My wifes car is an ID3 and I love that but now I got my own motor!! Anyway here are some pictures, congrats to everyone else getting one!! Needless to say I am one happy boy. 5 years of grafting and dreaming of a model 3 finally have one. Cheers, Ben :)

View attachment 1046969View attachment 1046970View attachment 1046971View attachment 1046972View attachment 1046974View attachment 1046975View attachment 1046976View attachment 1046977
Pls can you do me a favour and see if you feel any vibrations through the steering wheel when driving between 50-70mph. I purchased a M3LR Highland a few months ago and ended up rejecting the car due to the issues. Apparently there are quite a few cars with this issue and with my new M3LR on order I just want to make sure other members are not experiencing the same issues that I had. Thanks for your help !

Didn’t take you long to pull off the aero covers.

Driving an EV is a little weird at first but you’ll soon get used to it. Frankly I enjoy it more and am disappointed when I drive a car where I have to regularly use the brake pedal now.
That was a collection photo before delivery to me, they were on when it arrived. Will have to be careful going back to my automatic when I need to use it. Already tried to change to drive using the imaginary gear selector near the cup holders and indicate with an imaginary stalk!

Pls can you do me a favour and see if you feel any vibrations through the steering wheel when driving between 50-70mph. I purchased a M3LR Highland a few months ago and ended up rejecting the car due to the issues. Apparently there are quite a few cars with this issue and with my new M3LR on order I just want to make sure other members are not experiencing the same issues that I had. Thanks for your help !
I had a quick run down a 60 and didn't notice anything, I wasn't looking for it though. Next time I'll pay more attention and see if I notice.

That was a collection photo before delivery to me, they were on when it arrived. Will have to be careful going back to my automatic when I need to use it. Already tried to change to drive using the imaginary gear selector near the cup holders and indicate with an imaginary stalk!
Yeah I’m sure I’ll get used to this but was doing the same with imaginary stalks when I test drove a Highland also.

Reactions: RHI23
Ordered my MYP on 28th February and the estimated delivery date has moved considerably and the order has been upgraded to Quicksilver. Two weeks ago the app updated showing 27-30th June for delivery from Apr-May. Last week this changed to 28-30th June. Now this morning we're back to 3rd July - 27th August. If I go online and order the same car today it shows May-June delivery! I go to France camping first week of July...very very frustrating. Anyone got any ideas of why the delays and so many changes in date. At the point of order estimated delivery was Feb-Mar...

I had a quick run down a 60 and didn't notice anything, I wasn't looking for it though. Next time I'll pay more attention and see if I notice.
Thanks for that ! Please can you do me a favour and drive between 65-70 as it was between those speeds I could feel vibrations. Just place your hand gently on the steering because when I used to grip the steering I could not feel it. Fyi I had a brand new 2022 M3LR and for 2 years it was perfect but the Monet I drove the new highland it felt different straight away. Thanks again

Ordered my MYP on 28th February and the estimated delivery date has moved considerably and the order has been upgraded to Quicksilver. Two weeks ago the app updated showing 27-30th June for delivery from Apr-May. Last week this changed to 28-30th June. Now this morning we're back to 3rd July - 27th August. If I go online and order the same car today it shows May-June delivery! I go to France camping first week of July...very very frustrating. Anyone got any ideas of why the delays and so many changes in date. At the point of order estimated delivery was Feb-Mar...
Strange, I ordered my MYP yesterday (base spec everything) and says est. delivery 7-22 June. Phone call today from delivery representative didn't mention any delays.

Yeah, just saying if it’s an industry policy to not ship a new car over 50% I guess to protect batteries of cars sat around, they shouldn’t actually be charging beyond 50%.

Should also really be shipping with 50% or maybe a little less on the boats from China as it’s most optimal to minimise battery degradation.
It's just a blanket email they send. I'm guessing we'll all end up with various states of charge from 50% to 100% depending on how soon they get your car hooked up at the collection centre and how long they can leave it on charge before making way for another car. I'm not really fussed as long as I can get home without a stop :) I'll be more peed off if its raining on the way home and it gets filthy straight away haha

This is for a MYLR Quicksilver. Will be really interested to see if is one of the first UK MYs to come from Berlin. That is unless Shanghai now offers the Berlin paint schemes.
I've seen a Y in Quicksilver at the Trafford Centre delivery site today - it was made in China. They've not had any Midnight Cherry Red cars come through yet, and no sign of anything from Germany.