Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WSJ, which is NOT a reliable source (lied way too often), spread rumors in August that the Saudis were considering increasing their stake above the current 4.5%. (I found several sources which thought it was 4.5% or 4.6% right now.)

During his interview with Bloomberg last week, MbS stated the following:

MBS: Actually, we, PIF invests in a lot of companies in the United States of America, especially in the stock market. And Tesla looked like a good opportunity for PIF and we bought a few shares there. We have almost 5% of the company.

The Prince did not directly answer a question about whether the Saudis plan to invest further in Tesla:

Bloomberg: Do you have any plans to invest more in Tesla?

MBS: We’ve invested in Tesla like any other financial investor in the stock market. There are discussions with a lot of companies, a lot of funds, but we’ve announced nothing in that area.
This extended Q&A segment is also of interest to TSLA investors:

Bloomberg: Are you seeing some of this coming in the non-oil sector too? Because oil has been -- historically you’ve seen a lot of oil investments but the crucial thing is non-oil FDI.

MBS: We believe it’s both. We believe we will have an amazing deal in October, in two weeks from today. So it will be big numbers. It will be in FII [The Future Investment Initiative conference] and it’s far away from oil. This deal is just what’s happening in Saudi Arabia – so there is one deal in FII and there are other deals that will be announced there.

Bloomberg: Any details we can get – what industry even?

MBS: It’s far away from oil.

Bloomberg: Is it technology?

MBS: Maybe. But this is in Saudi Arabia with big numbers.

Bloomberg: Is it anything to do with cars?

MBS: We will see. You know, we are two weeks away from that date.
So, we wait for news from The Future Investment Initiative conference [FII].

Cheers!

In 2 years my older daughter will get her drivers license. I guess I will get a barebone 35k model 3 for her.

Used to be a Volvo when I grew up (never got one, but it was the talk). Just imagine how many parent will say this exact same thing. This car will have generations of users. Thanks for that though, so true.

My son is just learning for the exam to get driving licence (year 2000). I asked myself which generation will make licence for Autonomus drive only? :)

Our twins just got their DL. They have never driven an ICE, been in Tesla’s since 2012. I want em safe in the car and adding to a better world. Had to spring for the LR but their lives determine the value. Years ago, totaled a car and got ins money to replace it with an identical vehicle (Acura Integra) had a chance to pay an extra 4K for a GS with air bags. We were pretty broke at the time and thought the car was pretty safe.

Lost my wife after being hit head on a few months later. Air bags would have saved her. The price for safety is immeasurable only after one is faced a reality like this. There are many things we can’t do because I now choose to invest it in the safety of my family. Driving is a fact of life and I cannot think of a world where I didn’t do everything I could to buy the safest vehicle for my family.

It is very easy to justify and excuse oneself out of a purchase by financial rationalization. It was eye opening to see how easy it was for myself and family members to rationalize spend multiples of what the airbag option cost for her funeral and burial.

I will not make these “rational” decisions again.

Fire Away!

I agree. As you and I both track the 13F activity we know Fidelity did not increase their holdings in Q2 but actually reduced them. Nasdaq mistook a revised 13F and instead added the revised amount to the reported Fidelity holdings and for some reason will not correct their listings. That will surely cause some upset when the new reported holdings come out around November 15th and will show Fidelity selling off over 10-12 million shares in relation to their erroneous Q2 number of 21 million.

Nasdaq is certainly not doing Tesla any favors by misreporting the Fidelity holdings.

I think the fault is with Fidelity. They checked the wrong box on the amended 13F.

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash

MBS: Actually, we, PIF invests in a lot of companies in the United States of America, especially in the stock market. And Tesla looked like a good opportunity for PIF and we bought a few shares there. We have almost 5% of the company.

The Prince did not directly answer a question about whether the Saudis plan to invest further in Tesla:

MBS: We’ve invested in Tesla like any other financial investor in the stock market. There are discussions with a lot of companies, a lot of funds, but we’ve announced nothing in that area.

Bloomberg: Are you seeing some of this coming in the non-oil sector too? Because oil has been -- historically you’ve seen a lot of oil investments but the crucial thing is non-oil FDI.

MBS: We believe it’s both. We believe we will have an amazing deal in October, in two weeks from today. So it will be big numbers. It will be in FII [The Future Investment Initiative conference] and it’s far away from oil. This deal is just what’s happening in Saudi Arabia – so there is one deal in FII and there are other deals that will be announced there.

Cheers!
Bloomberg tried to tell MbS that Elon is crazy, the interviewer straight up said it to him and MbS just blew him off though he admitted he has never met Elon. Couple other interesting things from that interview, MbS himself has not driven a Tesla but he has ridden in one. This may not be of any significance, as MbS isn't known for being a car enthusiast and there is no reason why someone like MbS would ever drive his own car anywhere or anytime except for his own pleasure. He also says that Tesla is free to open a store in Saudi Arabia if they want, Apple is opening their first in Riyadh because foreign ownership is being allowed to be 100% soon.

Cheers!

Yup Saudis are changing. It's not easy but they are progressing.

S. Arabia backs down from blocking UN climate report: sources

The SP action we watch since a while is completely surreal and the true value of the company compared to the SP value out of any proportion.

Personally I would not have expected that we reach this price levels before we bounce back. Still we are here and all explanations do not fully add up and explain.

Certainly an important support level has been reached but with buyers striking and sellers manipulating in combination with Shorts working effectively together with the media and the SEC and that in a weak market environment it may explain a part of it.

All I can say is stay calm, inform only at trusted sources and never forget that Tesla has never been in a better position than today. That will be reflected in the stock price again without any doubt. The question for many is when but my gut feel is in a few weeks the world will look very different and people invested at this level will receive congratulations.

I love to see Elons Mom now as a part of the Tesla mission, defending her kid and criticizing the media.

Even the best and most effective short manipulations are unable to depress a stock price real value on the long run...

If long-term holders keep accumulating, eventually it gets to the point where all the shares being traded short-term are the ones fabricated by short-sellers. That's when you can get an honest-to-goodness short squeeze.

Hence EM's not the idiot that the media (and my neighbors) claim. IMHO, he's driving down the price so the buy-in is easier (what you're saying essentially). As I've said before, EM just has to claim he was stoned, fed up with the SEC, that Pedo, Twitter Lawsuits, Paint Shop POS system, 120 hrs/week with no pay, and he's got a ton of media coverage that truly believes that narrative.

I think she's gonna blow real soon and it's gonna be the best movie script ever. My next buy is about $240, although we may be at bottom already. Hope this happens before the economy tanks. The whole Nov 6th timing is touchy for earnings though.

Speaking of Nov 6th, last day to register to vote in Az is today, Tuesday. Somehow I doubt anyone wouldn't here, but one person can make a difference.

Not 100% sure you're registered? Moved maybe?

Verify here. Check Your Voter Registration Status - Vote.org.

Not registered... can't vote. Vote for the planet's sake. Vote your conscious. Vote

(1) The motor/drivetrain costs under $5000 (probably a lot less, may be more like $2000). Drivetrain replacements were due to a *design issue*. There have been no reported drivetrain replacements since the "P" revision was released in late 2016.
I'll report one then. On my 2014 P85 I had the drive unit replaced (due to the infamous "milling" sound) with a P version in October, 2016. A year later they had to replace that drive unit with another P version. All they wrote on the service report was that it was "faulty". Surprised me.

Elon's been re-Tweeting quite a lot the last 24 hours, but it's all positive stuff, so don't get your knickers in a twist...

And now Troy's reporting this:

upload_2018-10-9_9-8-59.png

Elon's been re-Tweeting quite a lot the last 24 hours, but it's all positive stuff, so don't get your knickers in a twist...

And now Troy's reporting this:

View attachment 342160
They are fools if they don't at least do a blog post or a PR on the fact they have produced the 100.000th Model 3. You know the car the MSM refers to as the "struggling Model 3 haunted by production issues".

Status
Not open for further replies.