Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touchless Car wash. Should I do it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm nuts but I take all my cars through the touch cars wash here multiple times a week if needed and don't notice a thing other than a freshly washed car. The winters here in Utah are full of salt and road grime that work their way into every crevasse. I then sell the cars (no one has ever asked if I used a touch car wash) and buy new ones and take those through the touch car wash again and again. So many other things to be stressed about.

Reactions: Brovane
For everyone who has a cold winter climate and doesn't want to go through car washes. Here's what I do.
I wash my car in my garage with ONR (Optimum No Rinse). So long as your car isn't too dirty it works wonderfully. It only requires a couple cap full of the ONR in a small bucket. Use 1 Microfiber for washing and another for drying. Very little water even ends up on the garage floor, which easily evaporates in the cold.

Sorry about bumping the old thread...

I'm thinking about taking my Model Y to a touchless carwash. The cleaning section in the Tesla manual warns about the higher pH of a touchless carwash damaging the camera lens. Anyone have any experience with this? Seems an automatic carwash is the only way to thoroughly clean the undercarriage. And I want to avoid the contact carwashes because of the risk of scratches.

Sorry about bumping the old thread...

I'm thinking about taking my Model Y to a touchless carwash. The cleaning section in the Tesla manual warns about the higher pH of a touchless carwash damaging the camera lens. Anyone have any experience with this? Seems an automatic carwash is the only way to thoroughly clean the undercarriage. And I want to avoid the contact carwashes because of the risk of scratches.
I've been taking my car to a car wash since I bought it. The only issue I've had is some rainbow streakign/discoloration of the anodized aluminum trim. Reportedly you can fix it with WD40 but it's never bothered me enough to try.