Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I miss Cory Steuben on the Munro videos-he provided the technical content that I was interested in. Sandy...more hype or FUD sometimes than information.
Speaking of Cory, any word on Lucid according to Cory? Doing simple math, unit sales come to an ASP of $94,600. Maybe they have revenue from other sources, IDK.

Lucid reported Q3 revenue of $137.8 million on deliveries of 1,457 vehicles and produced 1,550 vehicles. The company is also adjusting its production outlook for 2023 to 8,000 – 8,500 vehicles to prudently align with deliveries. (Nov 7, 2023)

This seems a bit self-owny?

Like, other than bragging this wasn't a comparison buyers were gonna care about anyway- but even then they could've just said what the race actually was, or run it without the trailer over the distance claimed.

Instead they just fed Q an actual seemingly legit criticism of what Tesla said vs what they actually did.

Like, other than bragging this wasn't a comparison buyers were gonna care about anyway- but even then they could've just said what the race actually was, or run it without the trailer over the distance claimed.

Instead they just fed Q an actual seemingly legit criticism of what Tesla said vs what they actually did.
The Cybertruck travelled 1/8 mile
The trailer + Porsche travelled 1/8 mile

Cumulatively they travelled a quarter mile

This part

"The first production line will be at Giga Texas. Giga Mexico will be the second place. It would take too long to complete the factory in Mexico."

openly says that the Model (2) will be produced sooner than originally planned.
That's a good thing, right?
We're talking about production at least a year earlier, potentially Q4 2024, I am thinking.

I think Model 2 announcement/delivery will be different from all other Tesla vehicles. It will be a fairly boring pedestrian car, the ONLY really cool thing about it will be the price. So I think the first reveal for it will be when they have locked down the pricing, and you put in orders knowing the price. Which means the first reveal will be very close to first production. All this could indeed happen by Q4 2024.

Blame Vin Diesel for introducing the term "quarter mile" to normal folks and for making us live our lives accordingly.

I think Model 2 announcement/delivery will be different from all other Tesla vehicles. It will be a fairly boring pedestrian car, the ONLY really cool thing about it will be the price. So I think the first reveal for it will be when they have locked down the pricing, and you put in orders knowing the price. Which means the first reveal will be very close to first production. All this could indeed happen by Q4 2024.
Now if this is all true, it'll beg the question of How close will the pricing actually be in reality compared to when it's announced.

Reactions: navguy12
Looks like a date was set in Denmark for 3F Union to also block Tesla shipments. (I'm assuming they mean Trains). They can still drive them in on car carriers right? Would Norway also be impacted then?

Edit: Adding Map.
1701796859994.png

On Tuesday, 3F, Denmark's largest union, said that its transport workers will launch a strike in solidarity with Tesla workers in Sweden if the company does not reach a collective wage agreement with them by December 18.
Danish port workers have vowed to neither unload nor load Tesla vehicles and drivers will not receive and transport Tesla cars going through Denmark.

Yes I agree that SS has lots of benefits. There was some commentary from Franz that they were able to redesign the body to take advantage of the SS exterior, but overall I'm still not seeing any evidence of weight savings.

Curb weight of the cybertruck AWD is ~6600 lbs vs. ~5000lbs for an F150 Supercrew 4x4 V8

The F150 Lighting with extended battery is 6400 to 6900lbs depending on trim level

Won't matter very much if they can get production ramped and battery performance up 15%
The SS exterior isn't for weight savings. It's for SpaceX and elimination of paint.

Reactions: Paul_SF
Sigh. How and why are people such bad interviewers? The ONLY thing I got out of that is that the plans for the Model 2 production line in Austin are quite advanced, Elon reviews them every week, and the production process will blow people’s minds. CT won’t be a meaningful contributor to 2024 earnings /revenue (which one or both, unclear), might be in 2025. Reason for CT delay was supply chain shortages.

45 minutes, could be cut down to 5 minutes.

Re: CT delay -

I wonder how much of those supply chain issues were attributable to needing to have 48v versions of all the traditional automotive electrical "stuff"?

The Model 2 will be a cool-looking car. Elon would never allow it to be boring.
Hey, I'm just going by what this random dude named Elon was quoted as saying in the Q3 2024 conference call:

"Just to be clear, it will be cool, but it's utilitarian. It's not meant to, you know, fill you with magic. It's to get you from A to B. It will be still beautiful, but it's utility."

So if we're parsing words here: Elon didn't say it would be cool-looking, only that it would be cool. A $25K utilitarian car will be cool just because of the price. And of course, it'll have Tesla styling. But my POINT is that the big thing about the Model 2 will be its PRICE.

While Tesla could do the same thing it has always done and do a reveal of what will be a utilitarian car with nothing too special about it and give some fake price than everyone knows isn't locked in and risk not getting any enthusiasm about it at all, OR it can do a reveal with a firm price and they'll get tons of orders.

Anyways, that's my bet.

Now if this is all true, it'll beg the question of How close will the pricing actually be in reality compared to when it's announced.
Gut-guessing here it will be $30,000 in the configuration first available, with price cuts and basic models available down the line. Why would they pass up the new model price premium, they certainly aren't with the Cybertruck.
Ordering for the girlfriend the minute they open orders. Expecting range to be around 250 miles, which is fine.

Re: CT delay -

I wonder how much of those supply chain issues were attributable to needing to have 48v versions of all the traditional automotive electrical "stuff"?

It sounded like Tesla was reacting to the fact that they couldn't get parts for existing cars, so trying to procure parts for a new vehicle was pointless. And it wasn't just Tesla, the entire auto industry was affected. So, no, I don't think it had anything to do with 48V parts.