Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it's legally possible for it to have started... (no such plan announced to public, they're in the quiet period before earnings announcement, and no 10b1 on file for it either)
How do you know there is no 10b1 on file for Elon to buy shares? I didn't think 10b1 plans were public information.

Leo’s wrong.

Buybacks and earnings improvements increase the denominator and thus INCREASE P/E compression. He should have said they will increase P/E compression and hopefully thereby result in increased share price as a reaction to expand it back.
Instantaneously/ mathematically, he's wrong; however, a company that shows higher earnings per share growth (preferably via higher earnings versus less shares) would theoretically get a higher multiple.

Burnt hair is in the air
I thought I smelled something. There are few things that smell worse than when you're washing burnt hair. Speaking from experience from standing too close to the 8 ft high tumbleweed pile... man that sugar burnt fast, as did my head hair and even my eyebrows!

What a nice turnaround! Hopefully, it will just get better and help out our members with margin difficulties. It was getting close for me too with my LOC, but I still have some room to breathe...

All the Shortzes took an early/long lunch together.

Nobody is minding the store until they get back at 2:00 after having several Margaritas to celebrate this morning's slam dunk.

Reuters are reporting that "European Union and U.S. officials expect to reach agreement that would grant EU companies, including electric car makers, the same status as U.S. ones in the U.S. market, to avoid what the EU calls discrimination against its producers by the U.S. Inflation Reduction Act."

EU, U.S. eye level playing field for EU electric cars in U.S. market

We can probably expect other countires/regions to try to negotiate similar arrangments. I recall the Koreans had been doing similar lobbying.

Reuters are reporting that "European Union and U.S. officials expect to reach agreement that would grant EU companies, including electric car makers, the same status as U.S. ones in the U.S. market, to avoid what the EU calls discrimination against its producers by the U.S. Inflation Reduction Act."

We can probably expect other countires/regions to try to negotiate similar arrangments. I recall the Koreans had been doing similar lobbying.
Basically the Billions and Billions that all these companies have been committing to build car and battery factories in the US is going to slow down or stop?
Why build in the US when we can get the same incentives globally??
These effing beaurocrats... #Inflation Induction Act
That's it, I am not paying my massive tax bill Monday

So if we give tax breaks in US for Made-in-USA, this is some sort of trade discrimination? Wasn't that a key point of the IRA?
Maybe the EU could consider their own Made-in-the-EU credits? (Or are we not there yet?)

So if we give tax breaks in US for Made-in-USA, this is some sort of trade discrimination? Wasn't that a key point of the IRA?
Maybe the EU could consider their own Made-in-the-EU credits? (Or are we not there yet?)
This passes me off so much I am not mailing my ballot.
I am voting in person and pushing those buttons so hard the machine might break.
Already had my assistant clear my calendar for 11/8

If the USA wants to start a trade war with EU, go right ahead.

Reciprocity is how to avoid that.

Get the EU to drop their tariffs on made-in-USA cars exported to the EU. Then we can consider changing the IRA.

EDIT - EU tariffs on US cars = 10%, US tariffs on EU cars = 2.5%.

If the USA wants to start a trade war with EU, go right ahead.

Reciprocity is how to avoid that.

While I don't want a trade war (no one wins), the EU would get hurt a LOT more in a trade war than the USA. After Russia was cut off as a gas supplier they are importing US LNG as much as they can. A trade war with the EU would be crippling for them right now, as they are facing a significantly worse recession than the USA.