Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting...$400/PW/Year is great, and you still get fixed sellback rate of $0.04?

Cybertruck coming this Friday. If Powershare works and I can combine them, I'm going back to TE to try that out as soon as I break even on my early termination fee with JE.
So the question is, does the $400 plus sell buyback rate of $0.04 outperform the Texas ERCOT market rate spikes in the summer and market rate buyback during the rest of the year. Do we trust the grid to hold up or not lol?

@Jones1 how much did your friends earn last year with TE?

Reactions: DrewHou
So the question is, does the $400 plus sell buyback rate of $0.04 outperform the Texas ERCOT market rate spikes in the summer and market rate buyback during the rest of the year. Do we trust the grid to hold up or not lol?

@Jones1 how much did your friends earn last year with TE?
One guy cashed in $600 the other guy I believe had about $400 credit. He is letting it roll over.
First guy has one EV. Model X. Limited driving.
The second guy. No EV but large Pool in the back yard.
Both have 2 PW’s each and are in VPP.

Reactions: wiltoking
So I’m hoping. I get the $1200 annual Credit. I plan to do some stuff maybe the dryer on the weekends between 12-4am. Hard to do. 😆
The unlimited charging. I’ll do mostly. Sometimes I have to charge way before that.
On the first Tesla Electric plan. With one PW. My average bill was about $60-$70 on average monthly.

Reactions: wiltoking

Man my area really lucked out with this storm. No power outage and no bad wind. Sounds like most of the area got hit hard though. I see the power outage tracker for the county is insane.
well that was a storm eh!! Knocked our power out, first time in an extended outage where it’s not a 5min surge. Saw a transformer blow for the neighborhood behind us then we lost power too. +13h with no AC running on one Powerwall at 70% ain’t bad.
e

Reactions: Jones1
One guy cashed in $600 the other guy I believe had about $400 credit. He is letting it roll over.
First guy has one EV. Model X. Limited driving.
The second guy. No EV but large Pool in the back yard.
Both have 2 PW’s each and are in VPP.

Is this new plan different from last year? I am thinking one PW holds 13.5kwh and if 75% is exported each day, then the credit per kwh will be close to 10 cents, if one ends up paying for those 75%, then it may be a gain or loss depending on time of usage. I guess the more PWs one has, the better the value ? The $15/EV is a good value though.

Is this new plan different from last year? I am thinking one PW holds 13.5kwh and if 75% is exported each day, then the credit per kwh will be close to 10 cents, if one ends up paying for those 75%, then it may be a gain or loss depending on time of usage. I guess the more PWs one has, the better the value ? The $15/EV is a good value though.
So the plan I’m on. The Fixed Plan and Unlimited Charging at night.
Is $400 annual Credit per PW.
So $400
Plus the 4 cent buyback.
I’m thinking TE will charge the PW up between 12-4am for 5.9 cents
Today is my Start date. So I will know more tonight and obviously as the software updates more in the coming weeks. Currently it’s still buggy.

So the plan I’m on. The Fixed Plan and Unlimited Charging at night.
Is $400 annual Credit per PW.
So $400
Plus the 4 cent buyback.
I’m thinking TE will charge the PW up between 12-4am for 5.9 cents
Today is my Start date. So I will know more tonight and obviously as the software updates more in the coming weeks. Currently it’s still buggy.
Keep us posted, really interested to see if you get paid extra when it discharges for an event or rates spike.

Keep us posted, really interested to see if you get paid extra when it discharges for an event or rates spike.
No. I do not expect to get the spike Rates.
That would be the current Dynamic plan and the new soon to be released Dynamic plan.
Fixed is fixed.
You get $33 per PW each month. Fixed payments.

So $1200 per year for me plus the 4 cent buy back.
The Question I have and will find out.
How much it will cost me to Charge my PW’s ?
Will it be possible to have Credit after TE Pimps my PW’s? 😆

Keep us posted, I think you will be paying 5.9 + delivery charge = 9.94c, will be interested to see the result in your first bill. Does TE gives report on how much you use/buy back each week or you have to wait till the end of the cycle?
Yes. It’s plus delivery charge per kWh and I believe $4.95 per month.

Currently I have inaccurate data. For my rates and a few other things. Just like I had in 2022 when I first signed up with TE. Let me clarify.
Where you select your Rate plan. There is no option for TE Fixed or Dynamic plan. So I have to manually make a plan. Like a lot of us already do. I have not did that yet. I’m waiting to see if it will be fixed.

My PW’s didn’t charge from the Grid last night.
Between the hours of 12-4am.

Okay. So I was wrong. Or my data didn’t show correctly this morning.
I’m still sleepy as well.
( I notice when you stop driving yourself to work. It takes longer to wake up and get going once you get there. 😂)

PW charged from grid at 12am- 1am it charged to 50%.
Then it started to charge when PW level dropped to 30%. Maybe it was trying to keep it at 30% backup. After that it stopped.
IMG_1811.png
IMG_1812.png

Elon needs to make more $$$, drain the PW after sunset as quickly as it can, then recharge it before sunrise at peak rate, I hope that's not the case -- LOL.
Legit my biggest concern with handing over all my settings to Tesla… their track record speaks for itself haha.

Elons comp package doesn’t go through and we all screwed 🤣 or maybe he leaves and decides to give us all free energy to kill Tesla on his way out haha. It could go either way.

• Funny