Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Restaurant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This idea has been posted here for years. Make Super Chargers destination areas. The question, is how profitable can these type of locations be? How long before third parties get involve, say Chillis, or Cheddars. Even Cracker Barrel? Especially since NACS will be standard going forward.

In many countries gas stations make more margin on selling food, drinks, snacks and convivence items, than they do sell fuel.

The possibilities are endless:-
  • Information on local tourist attractions including bookings.
  • Wine/cheese/chocolate/honey tasting and sales, (including produce from the local area)
  • Coffee shop / café (play area for small kids nearby a good addition)
  • Bakery.
  • Convivence store.
  • Bookshop / newsagent.
When charging an EV, the customer is typically staying longer, may be looking to buy some food or a drink, may have time to kill.

Reactions: Linkmeup
This remind me a little bit of the Volkswagen Glass Factory in Dresden.

glass-factory   0.4 .jpg

going to be quite a scene seeing this place full of Rivians and Ford Lightings taking two spots... hope I'm just being sour and not predicting anything
im the opposite, I think it will be an EV celebration bringing people together
the pandemic further ruined human interaction and the throw back to the 1950s diner is a great step back for saving humanity
imagine this plus EVs becomes a beacon for humanity
:)

Two trips planned regarding Tesla this year and will report back to the thread for any investment-related info:

- Vegas to play in the WSOP (small tournaments) this year and a part of that trip is going to be riding in the Vegas Loop for the first time. Looking forward to experiencing and sharing thoughts on it.
- Roadtrip to Tesla Restaurant (once its open) - honestly, I really don't want to miss eating and charging there even though its obviously going to be packed for years

For the latter, I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of Tesla, TSLA, and EV owners that do that trip with their vehicles coming from outside LA/SoCal. I'm deeply wondering how they plan to deal with capacity consistently as well as media interest once its open (its Hollywood! think of all the stars that'll go there and get paparazzi'd going forward into the future - its going to be a destination). Can anyone think of a supercharger lot, right now, that's getting as much traffic as that place is going to get for the foreseeable future?