Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Issue - Squeaking Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I agree.. this is just normal sound . I changed my settings to 8 F / 10 R and then 10 F / 10 R. I still can hear the squeak but it is not as noticeable as it was with rear setting at 12.. This is only when there are medium-large bumps.

Not sure if I want to go stiffer like 6/8 settings and it will eliminate the noise completely.

22 MY LR

Yeah I agree.. this is just normal sound . I changed my settings to 8 F / 10 R and then 10 F / 10 R. I still can hear the squeak but it is not as noticeable as it was with rear setting at 12.. This is only when there are medium-large bumps.

Not sure if I want to go stiffer like 6/8 settings and it will eliminate the noise completely.

22 MY LR
Define normal. My install seems unusual. I hear what I can only describe as “clicking” or occasional light thumping. Especially when pulling into driveways and lots. Anyone else describe these rear noises this way? Or is everyone else’s more of a high pitch squeak. Either way, I think something is wrong I would expect more to complain about this clicking.

Reactions: ltdan457
Anyone found a fix for this ? Looks like the damper may not be the issue - I am still trying for a warranty repair to see if it resolves the squeak
I recently installed the Tein endurpro plus and squeaking noises from front and rear on bumps and dips on the road. It turns out I was setting the damper adjustment wrong.

I interpreted the picture instruction wrong where softest setting is counterclockwise (all the way to the end, softest =0) instead of clockwise (stiffest =0). Tein’s picture manual shows softest setting at 16 clicks from the stiffest setting. Anything >16 clicks could potentially damage the shock absorber. After I dialed in my settings (F=10, R=14), squeaking noise is gone.

Hope there were no long term damage to those struts and shocks since I went pass max 16 driving for a week.

Reactions: ltdan457
I swapped the OEM dampers for this last September and have been having the squeak though it has improved over time.

Today I took it to the installer and he took a few pics and video of the noise to send back to Tein.

One thing I also did is to go from 12 setting in the rear back to 8 - and that has improved handling - earlier it was bouncing a lot and maybe the soft damper coupled with OEM springs of 22 was not a good combination

Will update once I hear back from Tein

One thing I noticed is that the squeak was very noticeable when I drove my car after a carwash. Then after it dried, the squeak subsided back to its normal threshold. Makes me think it's not the damper but maybe the OEM spring rubbing against something?

My installer has been going back and forth with Tein - but Tein has pushed back that the squeak could be coming from the rear strut bushing (which is reused OEM part) and saying its not an issue in their damper. Any thoughts.

Have you consider that it might be a piece of dirt or gravel wedged between the brake caliper and the rotor. This came to mind when you mentioned the squeak got louder after a car wash. On my previous M3 I always had a squeak from the rear brake(s) after I washed the car. Mike didn’t persist like yours, but there could be something wedged in there. Easy to check.

what happens if you bounce the car when it is stationary? Do you hear the noise? What if you bounce the car and have a friend squat down and see if they can hear where it is coming from? Maybe unbolt one of shocks and bounce the car to rule out the shock?

Have you consider that it might be a piece of dirt or gravel wedged between the brake caliper and the rotor. This came to mind when you mentioned the squeak got louder after a car wash. On my previous M3 I always had a squeak from the rear brake(s) after I washed the car. Mike didn’t persist like yours, but there could be something wedged in there. Easy to check.
Like most others with Tein that have complained of the noise - the squeak started right after the install.

what happens if you bounce the car when it is stationary? Do you hear the noise? What if you bounce the car and have a friend squat down and see if they can hear where it is coming from? Maybe unbolt one of shocks and bounce the car to rule out the shock?
The installer ran a few tests - it’s a suspension tuning co and they said they could not isolate the issue

My installer has been going back and forth with Tein - but Tein has pushed back that the squeak could be coming from the rear strut bushing (which is reused OEM part) and saying its not an issue in their damper. Any thoughts.
They aren't on this forum or anything to help so I will try! The rear tophat does have a rubber bushing in the center which the strut attaches to. I have only seen one fail once, but it would be visible (tearing or totally pushed out of the housing). Maybe you can post a video so we can hear the sound since I am familiar with a lot of noises and troubleshooting on these platforms! You should also check your rear traction arm bushing, which I have seen separate from the arm. This is normally a creaking noise though, not a squeak. If it is a high-pitched sharp squeak when you go over a bump (like you ran over a squirrel) it is likely the damper itself.

Still trying to get the chirp issue resolved. Tein has been unhelpful (working thru the installer - they said change the OEM part first - Go Figure !!!). I took the dust boot off..... thinking if that may help. Not by much. Also I notice the bump stop freely hanging and able to move it up and down. There were some threads on bump stop and there was no consensus to cut it off or not (I think Tein recommends not trimming it). Any thoughts - is this installed correctly ?

Attachments

• Top Hat.jpg
    Top Hat.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: