Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth tow hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a busy modding weekend installing various parts that I had purchased over the winter. Since I was going to be swapping out the diffuser, I decided I may as well install a tow hitch while everything was apart. After reading various posts, I decided to pull the trigger on a Stealth Hitch. There doesn't appear to many people who have one on their MY (I believe it's a fairly new product). I have one installed on the wife's Audi Q5. Really like how it's hidden. Since the MY has a cover in the rear diffuser, all hitches are hidden regardless of which one you get. I decided to go with the Stealth Hitch because:
- quality of their hitch seems quite good
- reuses the factory reinforcement beam
- towing specs are comparable to other options
- towing package wiring directly plugs into factory harness. The wiring is really what sold me as all other options except the OEM hitch requires some sort of splicing or other method to hook it up

I'm not concerned about having tow mode. I will only be using the hitch for those odd times with a bike rack, cargo carrier or have to tow a small trailer. It really is for just in case.

Overall the installation was quite straight forward. I used a combination of youtube videos along with Stealth's installation instructions which were quite detailed. Had some help from my daughter and we took our time. Everything went smoothly and had it done in under 4 hours including swapping out the diffuser. Overall quality of the hitch seems top notch and really like how the wiring harness is readily accessible and is held on with a strong magnetic clip. I have not tested out yet though with anything. I will provide an update when I do.

Attachments

• IMG_6940.jpg
    IMG_6940.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6945.jpg
    IMG_6945.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6950.jpg
    IMG_6950.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6951.jpg
    IMG_6951.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6954.jpg
    IMG_6954.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6960.jpg
    IMG_6960.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6962.jpg
    IMG_6962.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6980.jpg
    IMG_6980.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6982.jpg
    IMG_6982.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7024.jpg
    IMG_7024.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 5
Yes, good point. Stealth Hitch does show it the other way around but the new diffuser protrudes too much preventing it from being mounted that way. I will need to take some measurements on the overall height to see if I need to get another mount that will work.