Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rubber piece on edge of windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would appreciate some help in identifying this rubbery piece on my Model 3. I noticed that this piece is VERY loose and not really connected in any way. I tried to push it into place, but it is still loose after trying. I'm not sure of it's function, and am wondering if I need to contact service to look at it, or if it's not worth worrying about? Thanks in advance for the advice and info.
001.jpg

002.jpg

Reactions: brianbcc
New user,

Please let's start with YOU telling us the year of your M3 (I'm assuming it's an M3) and if you have warranty. If yes, then make it Tesla's problem. If no, then we can't help you without more details. I think I can speak freely when I indicate that most of us (me especially) failed mind-reading.

Trying to put some hum-spin on this without antagonizing, but we really can't help (usually) with the odd pic or two. Your warranty (if you have any) is your greatest asset.

New user,

Please let's start with YOU telling us the year of your M3 (I'm assuming it's an M3) and if you have warranty. If yes, then make it Tesla's problem. If no, then we can't help you without more details. I think I can speak freely when I indicate that most of us (me especially) failed mind-reading.

Trying to put some hum-spin on this without antagonizing, but we really can't help (usually) with the odd pic or two. Your warranty (if you have any) is your greatest asset.
It's a 2023 Model 3, just leased this month so under full warranty.