Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently visited Denver and stayed in the Cherry Creek part of town, really nice city. I was surprised to see six different Teslas within my first six hours or so of being in town -- haven't seen that many within such a short amount of time anywhere other than the Bay area.

Highlands Ranch (Tech Center) and Cherry Creek are the two biggest areas of Teslas in the CO area.

It's like looking in a mirror.
ab94a0b23bbfb8c8f7e4d7a15565dd16.jpg

As I was walking into work this morning, I noticed this beautiful P85D, roughly 50 feet from where I always park in the back of the lot. I drove right past it without realizing.

2015-06-01_model-s-sighting-38_phone_censored.jpg

It wasn't there when I went out to lunch with the team, but when we got back from lunch, it had moved to one of the closest non-handicap/visitor spaces to the building, easily visible from my desk when I scooted three feet to the right.
I suspect it belongs to a new hire, possibly the new guy I saw in my department, and would be my first sighting to become non-random (thus not logged).

That's me! ;-)

As I was walking into work this morning, I noticed this beautiful P85D, roughly 50 feet from where I always park in the back of the lot. I drove right past it without realizing.

View attachment 82900

It wasn't there when I went out to lunch with the team, but when we got back from lunch, it had moved to one of the closest non-handicap/visitor spaces to the building, easily visible from my desk when I scooted three feet to the right.
I suspect it belongs to a new hire, possibly the new guy I saw in my department, and would be my first sighting to become non-random (thus not logged).

Yes - it was my first day there today ... Although I'm not a hire but on loan for 2-3 weeks while we transition and bring in a few new contract resources from my company. I normally work in downtown Detroit.

Unfortunately, I hit a pot hole on the way home on 22 mile near Shelby. Looks like the rims survived (I knew 19s were a good idea!) but now I need a serious alignment. I'll have to bring the other car (ICE) tomorrow while I figure out my options. Not sure where to take the car at this point.

See you tomorrow!

Cool! :biggrin:
Are you a new hire, in IT Development perhaps? I'm the bearded Android dev nearest the door.

Yes - it was my first day there today ... Although I'm not a hire but on loan for 2-3 weeks while we transition and bring in a few new contract resources from my company. I normally work in downtown Detroit.

Unfortunately, I hit a pot hole on the way home on 22 mile near Shelby. Looks like the rims survived (I knew 19s were a good idea!) but now I need a serious alignment. I'll have to bring the other car (ICE) tomorrow while I figure out my options. Not sure where to take the car at this point.

See you tomorrow!

Ouch! :eek: I hope your car gets well soon. I'd call Cleveland service and see what they say about getting it fixed. I heard rumor that rangers are getting the equipment to do annual service, which should include alignment. If true, that may be your best option for a quick quality repair. Good choice on the 19s.

Red multi-coat P85D, pano roof, 21" turbine wheels, with tan next gen seats, outside Birdland jazz club tonight:

View image: image

The FL vanity license plate [not shown] suggests old school music industry related. Anyway, love that it's a $120-130K car with a roof rack and 1200 miles from home. Like seeing a thoroughbred hooked up to a plowshare!

:)