Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just as I said, no P90DL V1 car (as it came from the factory) will ever run 10's at the drag strip... that is my position.

they added 60HP to the same spec car via a hardware change, now it's capable of 10's.....

pretty simple...

Unless Elon Musk was lying and/or willfully deceiving people when he said 10.9 back in July of 2015, and Motor Trend assisted him in covering that lie, it already has.

What say you?

Was he lying?

And if your position is he spoke too soon and later realized that he had misspoken, well then why continue stating 10.9 all the way up until a few days ago?

The position you're taking is one which compells one to conclude that willful deceit was engaged in at some point.
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: NSX1992
ut oh... :)

14364862_10153715023026556_7227260698485169633_n.jpg

just as I said, no P90DL V1 car (as it came from the factory) will ever run 10's at the drag strip... that is my position.

they added 60HP to the same spec car via a hardware change, now it's capable of 10's.....

pretty simple...

Nice evasive answer. Good job.

By definition, if any OTA updates have occurred to it, it's going to be difficult if not impossible to at this point find a P90DL V1 car "as it came from the factory".

However your response does not indicate whether you are of the opinion that the 10.9 quarter mile statement was false when the car was released.

Again, with regard to that, what say you?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
hardware change = V2, check the battery sticker.....

you can make your own theories, at the end of the day, no 10.9.... do what you want with that info, keep looking for that unicorn I guess... :)

Nice evasive answer. Good job.

By definition, if any OTA updates have occurred to it, it's going to be difficult if not impossible to at this point find a P90DL V1 car "as it came from the factory".

However your response does not indicate whether you are of the opinion that the 10.9 quarter mile statement was false when the car was released.

Again, with regard to that, what say you?

hardware change = V2, check the battery sticker.....

you can make your own theories, at the end of the day, no 10.9.... do what you want with that info, keep looking for that unicorn I guess... :)

You didn't say V2. You said:

"no P90DL V1 car (as it came from the factory) will ever run 10's."

At this point the "unicorn" would be finding a P90DL V1 "as it came from the factory" and with no updates.

No quarter mile report has been seen yet from a minimally optioned, lightest weight V1 P90DL ...as it came from the factory.

Last edited:
are you really confused?

no P90DL V1 car (as it came from the factory HARDWARE) will ever run 10's.

do all the software updates you want.... no 10's without the newer battery....

I could take a no option P90DL V1 down the track in optimal SOC and conditions in front of you, and after it didn't run 10's you would say it was the wrong color..... :)

You didn't say V2. You said:

"no P90DL V1 car (as it came from the factory) will ever run 10's."

At this point the "unicorn" would be finding a P90DL V1 "as it came from the factory" and with no updates.

Last edited:
Not only plausible, trc did 10.8 on 500kw. Unless you're calling his car a V3 with 512Kw. But that's a B.S. peak number. The power of his pack is the same as mine, 500KW.

Unless I buy your battery, I'm not going to see a 10.8 in my car. I'll be lucky to get a 10.anything. I'm quite certain TRC is well above 500kW though I have not seen any logs. If you have please point me in that direction.

Either way, there are 3 pretty well defined power outputs in relation to the P90DL. I'd bet a taco that what MT tested was what we are calling the V2 car here. They weighed their car in at ~4650lbs which would account for the difference between what I have seen with my car and what MT published.

The V3 cars like yours/TRC are likely closer to the P100D pack design. it'll be interesting to see what the real changes are when people start tearing down these packs.

are you really confused?

no P90DL V1 car (as it came from the factory HARDWARE) will ever run 10's.

do all the software updates you want.... no 10's without the newer battery....

I could take a no option P90DL V1 down the track in optimal SOC and conditions in front of you, and after it didn't run 10's you would say it was the wrong color..... :)

You keep adding qualifiers to your original statement.

That's not what you originally stated. What you originally said was "no P90DL V1 as it left the factory."

Well, if anything has been altered on it, short of a result of wear, then it's not "as it left the factory". Anyone owning any of these cars past their first OTA update, no longer owns a car "as it left the factory". And so it's going to be hard to find a P90DL V1 today "as it left the factory."

When the P85D first came out it was said to run 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.

However after an OTA update that went down to 3.1 seconds.

So to the strictest definition, and as it stands now, there are probably no P85D cars out there, regardless of build date now, "as they left the factory."

However the fact still stands, there is no report of a quarter mile result coming from a minimally optioned lightest possible factory weight P90DL V1.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
that's what I meant, factory hardware, no P90DL V1 with the original factory hardware will run 10's....

but even so, it won't run 10's with the original software either....

You keep adding qualifiers to your original statement.

That's not what you originally stated. What you originally said was "no P90DL V1 as it came from the factory."

Well, if anything has been altered on it, short of a result of wear, then it's not "as it came from the factory". Anyone owning any of these cars past their first OTA update, no longer owns a car "as it came from the factory". And so it's going to be hard to find a P90DL V1 today "as it left the factory."

When the P85D first came out it was said to run 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.

However after an OTA update that went down to 3.1 seconds.

So to the strictest definition, and as it stands now, there are probably no P85D cars out there "as they left the factory."

However the fact still stands, there is no report of a quarter mile result coming from a minimally optioned lightest possible factory weight P90DL V1.

Reactions: msnow and NSX1992
just as I said, no P90DL V1 car (as it came from the factory) will ever run 10's at the drag strip... that is my position..........

that's what I meant, factory hardware, no P90DL V1 with the original factory hardware will run 10's........

With all of these predictions of what will and won't happen, I'm tempted to ask you who you got winning the next Super Bowl.:D

No, to heck with the super bowl, give me the powerball numbers. :D

Ok. But seriously to your point that's not what you said at first.

However now that you did say it, the fact remains that we still have no reported example of a quarter mile time from a minimally optioned, minimal factory weight "original hardware version" P90D with Ludicrous.

• Disagree
does it really matter what I said first? I will still stand by my first post,

find a P90DL V1 with the original software and hardware, still no 10's

it really bugs you that you'll never see it happen, maybe someday you'll let it go and move on...

Ok. But seriously to your point that's not what you said at first.

However now that you did say it, the fact remains that we still have no reported example of a quarter mile time from a minimally optioned, minimal factory weight "original hardware version" P90D with Ludicrous.

does it really matter what I said first?

I thought it did. But if you're telling me to be leery of the first thing you say, then I'll be more cautious from here on in. :D

I will still stand by my first post,

find a P90DL V1 with the original software and hardware, still no 10's

it really bugs you that you'll never see it happen, maybe someday you'll let it go and move on...

Actually it doesn't bug me

Until it's actually proven that both Elon Musk AND Motor Trend lied, I'm cool and actually have moved on. Until someone alleges that lies were told. And then I ask them to prove that assertion. And they can't.

Unless and until Elon Musk and Tesla are caught in a lie, it's all good.

That some of their own supposed largest supporters are working seemingly tirelessly in that effort, well that is unfortunate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.