Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is, for all of the talk and bs about how Tesla misrepresented the 10.9 quarter mile time, i.e. lied, and that the absence of a 10.9 result among a small sample of results proves such, it doesn't seem that anyone advancing thst notion is willing to take that "evidence" into a U.S. court of law and use it to meet the burden of proof which would be required of the accuser/naysayer or plaintiff.

The bottom line is, for all of the talk and bs about how VW misrepresented the .07gr NOx spec, i.e. lied, and that the absence of a .07gr result among a small sample of results proves such, it doesn’t seem that anyone advancing thst notion is willing to take that “evidence” into a U.S. court and…..oh, never mind.

Reactions: jpet and Pollux
The bottom line is, for all of the talk and bs about how VW misrepresented the .07gr NOx spec, i.e. lied, and that the absence of a .07gr result among a small sample of results proves such, it doesn’t seem that anyone advancing thst notion is willing to take that “evidence” into a U.S. court and…..oh, never mind.

Lol. Talk about apples and oranges.

Anyone griping about the 10.9 matter and "seeing the similarities" here, well I'm sure that out of all the attorneys out there that there is at least one who would be willing to lighten your wallet by take your case and arguing those similarities. :D

I'm going to wait and observe the rush of takers.

But somehow I tend to think that all I'll hear are crickets.

I can't wait to see someone get smacked down in court attempting to prove, using the evidence we have so far, that Tesla lied about about 10.9 in this car.

Last edited:
No, seriously for all of the talk about lies and deceit concerning 10.9 in this car, nothing is going to come of this. It's just people venting.

The truth is there is not a one who is talking and making allegations and accusations of lies and conspiracies on Tesla's part when it comes to the 10.9 claim, who is willing to actually try and prove those allegations and that theory in a U.S. Court of law and armed with the available "evidence".

Agreed.

Nonetheless, it is still a pity that Tesla are marketing figures that are not achieveable in the real world.
Sell it as an 11.2 car and have everyone saying "it actually does it!" will get Tesla far more respect.

The series of shall we call them overenthusaistically stated specs just creates doubts and damages faith and trust, when then permeates more widely into other Tesla statements. The daft thing is they are so far ahead of the competition they simply dont need to do this.

I would debate that Tesla would have sold not one car less if they had called it 11.2, and quite possibly many more.

Understate and overperform ftw everytime.

Nonetheless, it is still a pity that Tesla are marketing figures that are not achieveable in the real world.

That's just not true. Why is it so hard to understand that a SANS PANO car, like MT had, is necessary to get 10.9 in the original version...

if you had a pano the best you could do was 11.15.

Get rid of the pano and there is your 10.9.

Get the newer version sans pano and there is your 10.8.

No lies. But you do have to understand and comprehend that weighty options have performance consequences.

Anyone's stubborn refusal to understand that doesn't make Tesla wrong or misleading.

Name one person who tried and failed to get a sans pano version1 p90dl to do 10.9.

That's not a good question to ask. There are two sides of this argument as to whether a 90v1 sans pano car can achieve a 10.9s quarter mile. One side "wins" if a single 90v1 sans pano car gets a 10.9 timeslip. But the only way for the other side to "win" is if every single 90v1 sans pano car ever made is tested and doesn't get 10.9. So really we should be encouraging those with 90v1 sans pano cars to go to the dragstrip.

Agreed.

Sell it as an 11.2 car and have everyone saying "it actually does it!" will get Tesla far more respect.

The series of shall we call them overenthusaistically stated specs just creates doubts and damages faith and trust, when then permeates more widely into other Tesla statements. The daft thing is they are so far ahead of the competition they simply dont need to do this.

I would debate that Tesla would have sold not one car less if they had called it 11.2, and quite possibly many more.

Please do not be offended by my following comments gruf, as I mean no offense.

But I don't know what is so hard to understand about the P90DL being one of the most desirable sedans in the world today, as is, and irrespective of all of this bull&%$# in here about 10.9.

Point me to any ICE performance car forum right now and show me a consensus of members in there who do not immensely respect the Tesla's straight line performance capabilities.

The only place where a couple of tenths difference is an issue, ...... indeed, not even a couple of tenths difference, .01516 seconds difference is an issue and in a car with a pano roof, is in here.

If you were to give a performance car enthusiast, particularly a performance sedan enthusiast a P90DL right now, just hand it to him free of charge, I highly doubt that he'd give it back to you because "no one on the internet has been able to get within .1516 seconds of 10.9 in it".

That should put the absurdity of this whole matter into perspective. No, the only place where this is even an "issue", is in here.

A mountain out of a molehill is all this amounts to. To say nothing of the fact which bhzmark keeps driving home, I wish I could shake his hand, and that's no stripped down version of the P90DL has a posted up time so far.

Last edited:
That's just not true. Why is it so hard to understand that a SANS PANO car, like MT had, is necessary to get 10.9 in the original version...

if you had a pano the best you could do was 11.15.

That appears to be a fact. Because that's what one gentleman got with the pan roof.

Get rid of the pano and there is your 10.9.

And eliminate the dual charger, the air ride, deluxe radio crap, and throw in a smaller driver for good measure, and you'd probably have it.

Get the newer version sans pano and there is your 10.8.

No lies. But you do have to understand and comprehend that weighty options have performance consequences.

Anyone's stubborn refusal to understand that doesn't make Tesla wrong or misleading.

And that's really the point.

Reactions: WarpedOne
Are you done showering yet? I need to get in there for a nice, long hot one ASAP.

May as well go ahead and get in there with him.

Because anyone attempting to take this matter any higher up than in here, in other words into the U.S. legal system, while armed with nothing aside from the "evidence" at hand, if one can even call it evidence, is going to take not a shower, but a hot "bath" in legal fees attempting to prove that Tesla lied about 10.9 using that flimsy evidence.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: msnow and NSX1992
Agreed.

You nailed it my friend. I don't have a dog in this fight but I'm sympathetic to those that feel they didn't get what was promised. As you say it's a larger problem than just this metric and wasn't necessary given Tesla's position in the market. What you'll hear in response is either "it's still possible" or "get over it" from people who are not impacted and therefore unsympathetic.

Reactions: NSX1992
You nailed it my friend. I don't have a dog in this fight but I'm sympathetic to those that feel they didn't get what was promised.

Perhaps you should offer to give one of them your car as consolation for their circumstances and hardship since you're so sympathetic with regard to their awful plight. Or have you considered this as a means of making things right?

As you say it's a larger problem than just this metric and wasn't necessary given Tesla's position in the market.

All the more reason why you should offer up some personal sacrifice in order to right things.

That "shower" you and your buddy were talking about taking, well what really does that do once you dry off?

No, put your money where your mouth is if you are so sympathetic and broken up over this travesty as you say you are, and do your part to make things right instead of rubbernecking.

What you'll hear in response is either "it's still possible" or "get over it" from people who are not impacted and therefore unsympathetic.

No he won't.

What he'll hear is: Let those who say that they are so concerned about this travesty, and who say that their hearts go out to those who got gypped, do their part towards making this matter right since they are so appalled by what happened to all of these innocent folk who had this matter befall them through no fault of their own.

• Disagree
Reactions: NSX1992
The main issue continues to be lack of information.
Why do more recent ludicrous cars put out more power?
Future buyers of these cars will want to know.
This will likely be an ongoing issue and I believe is a consequence of the continuous improvements made that are never announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.