Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had the 23 LR since November. Very happy. The minor rattle from front dash I may have fixed but I’ll give it some more time. Seems to come and go. I drove for like 4.5 hours mostly going around 75-79mph last night in the low 20s and I got home with about 8% charge after charging to 98%. Very happy with the cold weather high speed performance when compared to my 2020 model 3.

I’ve had the 23 LR since November. Very happy. The minor rattle from front dash I may have fixed but I’ll give it some more time. Seems to come and go. I drove for like 4.5 hours mostly going around 75-79mph last night in the low 20s and I got home with about 8% charge after charging to 98%. Very happy with the cold weather high speed performance when compared to my 2020 model 3.
I guess the improvement is from the heat pump. I found the warm weather range of my Plaid to be about the same as my '18 performance 3.

1705864936599.png

But it does not come with wheels!

Hover option only!!

Attachments

• 1705864936639.png
    1705864936639.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 7
Only on the refresh, and yes, believe so. It's what causes the warping. Every. Single. Model S I've seen has warping on the front glass and rear glass. Earlier refreshes had warping on the side glass, too, but my 2022 no longer has that, and none of the newer ones I've seen do, either. But the front and rear? Not great. The rear especially where the glass meets the trunk is baaaaad when looking out the rear view mirror.
Ah, no.

Just about every car in the US (and likely elsewhere) has had laminated glass in the windshield for about five decades or so?

Not sure what that would have to do with warping so perhaps it's something else. How do other brands do in this unique "test" for you?

As for the rear window/backlight, the slope of the Model S hatch glass is such that some mild distortion appears to be impossible to avoid. We've had over a dozen MS's since 2013 and never noticed this issue however.