Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Military Veteran Discount?Veteran

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why should Tesla give discounts to Vietnam veterans? Where's the connection?
And if they did, why not Iraq war veterans as well? Balkan war veterans, WWII veterans...

Nice of Burger King to do so, but I don't see why Tesla should do so as well. Care to elaborate?

Why should Tesla give discounts to Vietnam veterans? Where's the connection?
And if they did, why not Iraq war veterans as well? Balkan war veterans, WWII veterans...

Nice of Burger King to do so, but I don't see why Tesla should do so as well. Care to elaborate?
Tesla is an American car company. Many companies like to honor those who defend our Nation.....some not so much.:(
P.S. Burger King is a British owned company...o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopr147
Keep dreaming. Tesla is not a typical American company.... and for the most part that is a great thing. If it means I can't get a military discount then so be it.

Also, a typical military discounts on a new car is $500-1000 (Or roughly 1.5-3% at this price range) . Anyone halfway decent at negotiating can get that same discount and usually more.

Keep dreaming. Tesla is not a typical American company.... and for the most part that is a great thing. If it means I can't get a military discount then so be it.

Also, a typical military discounts on a new car is $500-1000 (Or roughly 1.5-3% at this price range) . Anyone halfway decent at negotiating can get that same discount and usually more.
do you think they will "negotiate" at Tesla?....lol

Reactions: Pkmmte and MP3Mike
I don't think that Tesla negotiates at all.

And thanks for the heads up concerning veteran discounts in the US. Over here we don't have anything like that. But in Germany, the military is not seen very positively anyway, and soldier in particular is not the most popular kind of profession. From my experience, when it comes to the image of members of public services, firefighters are the most highly regarded.
I guess it has to do with our well-known history that soldiers and the military in general are seen in quite a negative light here in Germany. The only time soldiers are seen positively over here is when there is widespread flooding and soldiers help in erecting emergency dams, sandbag barriers etc.

Reactions: doublejj
I don't think that Tesla negotiates at all.

And thanks for the heads up concerning veteran discounts in the US. Over here we don't have anything like that. But in Germany, the military is not seen very positively anyway, and soldier in particular is not the most popular kind of profession. From my experience, when it comes to the image of members of public services, firefighters are the most highly regarded.
I was spit on when I returned home from hell (Vietnam).....a lot has changed in America:rolleyes:

US Army 9th Infantry Vietnam 1969.....
563697_10202409910558808_656794613_n.jpg

Nice picture! Thank you for your service, Soldier. My experience returning from Afghanistan was very different, and for the better. A different time.

That said... I'm not in favor of special treatment for service members.
Thanks for serving brother...Huggs. My view of veterans is a little different, we can never do enough to re-pay you for what you committed to for this great country. You signed a blank check to this Nation payable with your life. Can't put a price on that.