Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

main panel has 30 amp to garage panel, what are the options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did find a 25 amp breaker at lowes.com before posting. @Cosmacelf gets my vote though. 30 amp breaker and a Tesla High Powered wall connector.
Yes, but make sure that breaker is on the list of approved breakers for your panel. Just because it fits does not mean it's on the approved list, which should be on the door of your panel or on the inside.

Also, be sure to read the install instructions. Removing a 6-20 and hard wiring is something I could easily do myself, however the manual says to use a licensed electrician and that is a condition of the warranty. The code also requires you to follow manufacturer instructions.

Since everything was there, my electrician didn't charge me very much, and he also showed me some techniques and pointed out things of which I should be aware.

My inspector looked it all over, but he initially had questions bout EVSE capability v. the breaker size. Suspect that everyone wants the max, and i was the first one who didn't. I pointed him to the post 2020 code revisions for EVSE's and he was fine with that.

Last edited: