Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid joins the price drop war; Its getting crazy.. time to buy, reflect and regret 😲😂🤣

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_8676.jpeg

I think Lucid's only hope is that SUV. The high-end EV sedan market is already saturated and Lucid has not been able to differentiate themselves enough. They cannot out-luxury Mercedes or BMV. They cannot out-technology Tesla, and they still haven't gotten on board with NACS. Slightly faster than and better range than Model S? Not enough buyers seem to care very much.

If Lucid's SUV sales do not dwarf their sedan sales, it will only be a matter of time before investors run out of patience.

Even if they can get it very cheap, what would they do with an automobile company that can't profitably sell vehicles anywhere close to its (theoretical) full rate production capacity?
Do you really think the Saudi’s are after profit margin? They gold plate their cars just to say they can. With mountains of cash they would use this company as a hobby toy.

Reactions: Msicario
Do you really think the Saudi’s are after profit margin? They gold plate their cars just to say they can. With mountains of cash they would use this company as a hobby toy.
They certainly could afford to run the company at a loss almost indefinitely. But purchases of expensive luxurious, extravagant individual items is different from continually running a company with a workforce, parts and supplies, marketing, assembly lines, etc. People who are very vain with their money also tend to be fickle in their tastes.

I won't be surprised if the Saudi's stick with Lucid for longer than logical free market facts would deem rational. But I expect eventually they will get disillusioned or just plain bored, and move on.

Reactions: Yelobird