Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Hotel suggestions Ont/QC region

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
Hey all.

I've got a road trip in planning, and I need some recommendations for a mid-way stopping point.
Below is a link to A Better Route Planner plot of the path I intend to take, but at 25 hours total, I'm not sure I can get it done in a single day. I'm looking for suggestions, preferably with L2 charging on tap, for a hotel to stay at overnight during this little trip.
A Better Routeplanner

I'm doing my own research as well, but I thought there might be some words of wisdom from people that have made similar trips in the past.

Not really. I’m still more concerned with work & scheduling the time off. Once that’s firmed up, I can look more at where I think I’d like to have a layover.
In Woodstock NB, there is a very nice B and B. It is called the peak sunset and it has 2 chad....I mean Tesla destination chargers. :)

Seriousely, food is good, the site is beautiful and charging is free.

There are many options, but here are a few that we used and liked more than average:

1. Hotel Lévesque (Rivière du Loup), has a Level 2 charger (but obviously the superchargers are close by). Spectacular sunset views of the St-Lawrence if you get a room on the front of the building:

Hôtel Levesque - Le plus bel hôtel de Rivière-du-Loup - Hôtel Levesque

2. Hotel Sépia (Québec city): They were one of the first hotels to offer a Sun Country Highway charger back in 2013, and they since added two Tesla destination chargers.

Hotel in Quebec | Hôtel Sépia

3. The same family that operates the Sepia also own a very nice Best Western within walking distance of the Sepia (the BW has a pool, while the Sepia does not, if that is important for you). On one of our trips the Sepia was full so we stayed at the BW, and we simply asked if the X could be left to charge at the Sepia, which was not an issue.

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Aristocrate | Quebec

I never stayed at the hotel Universel that has the RdL superchargers in their parking lot, so cannot comment.

Hope this helps, happy trails !

• Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP
There are many options, but here are a few that we used and liked more than average:

1. Hotel Lévesque (Rivière du Loup), has a Level 2 charger (but obviously the superchargers are close by). Spectacular sunset views of the St-Lawrence if you get a room on the front of the building:

Hôtel Levesque - Le plus bel hôtel de Rivière-du-Loup - Hôtel Levesque

2. Hotel Sépia (Québec city): They were one of the first hotels to offer a Sun Country Highway charger back in 2013, and they since added two Tesla destination chargers.

Hotel in Quebec | Hôtel Sépia

3. The same family that operates the Sepia also own a very nice Best Western within walking distance of the Sepia (the BW has a pool, while the Sepia does not, if that is important for you). On one of our trips the Sepia was full so we stayed at the BW, and we simply asked if the X could be left to charge at the Sepia, which was not an issue.

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Aristocrate | Quebec

I never stayed at the hotel Universel that has the RdL superchargers in their parking lot, so cannot comment.

Hope this helps, happy trails !
Exactly what I needed, thanks.