Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer Lightning Connectors for dock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Toothpick trick works great.
Left w/ toothpick, right w/o
IMG_2257.JPG

Both propped with toothpicks
IMG_2258.JPG

Reactions: daver6640
Check out our new product addressing this exactly...
Case Friendly Dock Adapter - for Tesla Model 3

Ned at Skyline was kind enough to send me one of their Case Friendly Dock Adapters to test out. It's a simple design that sits as an insert between the base and the coverplate/lip at the bottom of the tray. Pretty slick, and definitely worth getting if you have a large phone case.

Since I've already got the Jeda wireless charging pad, I don't need the cables anymore -- but, because of the thickness of the Jeda pad, I've been having problems with my phone sometimes sliding off. So, this served to extend the lip at the bottom, and now my phone stays put... so for that alone I'd say it's worth it! :)

dock_adapter_as_spacer.jpg IMG_2563.jpg IMG_2567.jpg IMG_2564.jpg

Ned at Skyline was kind enough to send me one of their Case Friendly Dock Adapters to test out. It's a simple design that sits as an insert between the base and the coverplate/lip at the bottom of the tray. Pretty slick, and definitely worth getting if you have a large phone case.

Since I've already got the Jeda wireless charging pad, I don't need the cables anymore -- but, because of the thickness of the Jeda pad, I've been having problems with my phone sometimes sliding off. So, this served to extend the lip at the bottom, and now my phone stays put... so for that alone I'd say it's worth it! :)

View attachment 328305 View attachment 328306 View attachment 328307 View attachment 328308
Awesome pictures, thanks! I’m assuming this doesn’t affect how the lid closes, right?