Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IONIQ 5 N vs Model 3 Ludacris | Nürburgring

Which will clock in the fastest time Nürburgring?

• IONIQ 5 N

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Model 3 L

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Elektrick

subatomic e-
Aug 20, 2022
PNW
w/ Stock Tires.

I think these two great EVs are a fun match up with both having similar real world 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

At best I think both could dial in 10.9ish in the 1/4. There is one guy in Australia clocking in 11.2 with the IONIQ 5N stock; however, he's a big fella so with a vegan driver, stickier tires and a little weight reduction, breaking 10s should be obtainable.

Last edited:
Scenario 1: Stock for Stock in their Stock form.

Scenario 2: With different wheels/tires.

* The IONIQ 5 N in the video above was in stock form with the stock tires. With different tires it should easily be able to clock in a better time.

I'm also curious how well the simulated gear box on the IONIQ 5 N will help for the driver.

In my opinion what HMG has pulled off in an EV with the simulated gear box, paddle shifters etc... is an engineering marvel. This is far from being a gimmick since it is actually functional for simulating downshifts. For those in the know will appreciate this.

Last edited:
The 2023 M3 Performance was listed a 162 mph (260 km/h).

I wonder what would be the Model 3 Ludicrous top speed at the Nürburgring ?

From the above video, the IONIQ 5 N was 164 mph (264 km/h).

And from this video Model S Plaid at Nürburgring Again, the Model S Plaid was 179.5 mph (289 km/h)

N5 max speed Nürburgring - full image .jpg

MS Plaid max speed Nürburgring - full image .jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Elektrick

I'll tell you!
I just replaced my daily for an Ioniq 5N a couple of weeks ago and it its incredible. I got a Plaid and aside from the brutal acceleration, which was my purpose at the time to buy, I enjoy more the driving experience on the 5N, by far.
This ICE/ 8Spd DCT mimic its outstanding as well as the chassis balance and handling.
I wasn't even considering a M3P or a MYP thanks to Elon's decision to induce me a 31% depreciation overnight, but after testing it, it was going to be the decision even without considering the drop in price....
I hope Tesla takes a note on this car.............

I'll tell you!
I just replaced my daily for an Ioniq 5N a couple of weeks ago and it its incredible. I got a Plaid and aside from the brutal acceleration, which was my purpose at the time to buy, I enjoy more the driving experience on the 5N, by far.
This ICE/ 8Spd DCT mimic its outstanding as well as the chassis balance and handling.
I wasn't even considering a M3P or a MYP thanks to Elon's decision to induce me a 31% depreciation overnight, but after testing it, it was going to be the decision even without considering the drop in price....
Just out of curiosity why are you expecting anything less than massive depreciation with the 5N. Hyundai isn’t exactly known for stellar value retention.

I'm also curious how well the simulated gear box on the IONIQ 5 N will help for the driver.

In my opinion what HMG has pulled off in an EV with the simulated gear box, paddle shifters etc... is an engineering marvel. This is far from being a gimmick since it is actually functional for simulating downshifts. For those in the know will appreciate this.
30 seconds in, you think you are in an ICE. It is the best racing simulator ever.......

Just out of curiosity why are you expecting anything less than massive depreciation with the 5N. Hyundai isn’t exactly known for stellar value retention.
Not expecting anything on the resale of the Hyundai and don't care, I'll just put 18,000 miles a year on it. Probably if it was induced by the market and not by the company, I won't feel the same. It's just me....

I'll tell you!

It's so refreshing to see someone who gets it. Kudos and I really mean that. You see a lot of non-car guys calling the simulated gear shift + audible sound in the 5N a gimmick, who don't understand the meaning of having an audible reference point, where in this case also an actual downshift simulation that provides "engine braking / downshifts."

People don't realize what a breakthrough this is in the EV space. We should all be celebrating the evolution of the enthusiast EV stuff, rather than mocking it in my opinion. Sure if something is actually stupid, like not having a front bumper camera or a powered frunk then by all means. (This may go over some heads lol.)

Just wait a few years and we'll see the likes of Porsche etc. come out with their own variant of simulated gear shifts, yet HMG beat them to it. Give credit to where it's due. Of course you'll still get the fan boys who can't see past xyz. Typical.

I always tell the non-car guys, you know the ones where the closest they've ever gotten to turning a wrench in their lives is playing Need for Speed, to drive a course with noise canceling headphones on or to simply play their racing games with the sound muted. Then tell me if something was missing or not.

As awesome as EVs are, there are so many in this space, especially in this camp, who bring a bad name to the enthusiast/racing world, which is one of the many reasons why real car guys roll their eyes at these green pea EV drivers who think they know it all, now that they have a quick car. I get it, which is why I always sigh with relief when I meet an EV owner who "actually gets it" vs most of these new age video game troopers with soft hands who think they understand cars. It's comical at times.

About the massive Tesla depression, I mean depreciation, same same I guess when you come to think of all the people that got screwed over, I totally understand where you're coming from. People get butt hurt to hear the truth, especially here, largely due to being in denial and/or having bought TSLA when the goons were saying "to the moon! omg buy buy buy best thing ever," and now all sitting here holding the bag watching their stock plummet. = Natural human tendency to put up the walls to defend their stupid decisions in life from making important buying decisions off of some wacko 5 sec tik tok.

With that said, we have a lot to thank Tesla for in paving the way for EVs so for that, everyone should be grateful. I actually like Elon vs the softies that can't handle his direct approach. Our family and extended family all own Teslas, which largely was due to my recommendation, so for the record to the softies, I'm not a Tesla hater. In fact, I'm looking to purchase a Plaid here very soon, along with maybe the Model X as well for the family.

@ramirj2 didn't mean to get side tracked lol, but enjoy your 5N! Post some pictures when you can and keep us updated if you do any track days.

Reactions: ramirj2
M3L will hit the thermal limit if the basic battery architecture isn't changed much. I5N can do 2 full laps of the Ring without thermal limiting. I bet it won't be that close. I hope i'm wrong.

I agree. The new Model 3 Performance, knowing what we now know to be certain is pretty said. It's still an incredible machine, but not in the endurance category unfortunately.

I agree. The new Model 3 Performance, knowing what we now know to be certain is pretty said. It's still an incredible machine, but not in the endurance category unfortunately.

Agree but the M3P will more likely will be the stoplight champion. Its going to easily outsell the 5N as its also much cheaper (which may be a great selling point for the 5N). I bet if there was no EV6 GT or 5N, Tesla may not have offered a more powerful M3P. I'm happy that there is competition now.

It's so refreshing to see someone who gets it. Kudos and I really mean that. You see a lot of non-car guys calling the simulated gear shift + audible sound in the 5N a gimmick, who don't understand the meaning of having an audible reference point, where in this case also an actual downshift simulation that provides "engine braking / downshifts."

People don't realize what a breakthrough this is in the EV space. We should all be celebrating the evolution of the enthusiast EV stuff, rather than mocking it in my opinion. Sure if something is actually stupid, like not having a front bumper camera or a powered frunk then by all means. (This may go over some heads lol.)

Just wait a few years and we'll see the likes of Porsche etc. come out with their own variant of simulated gear shifts, yet HMG beat them to it. Give credit to where it's due. Of course you'll still get the fan boys who can't see past xyz. Typical.

I always tell the non-car guys, you know the ones where the closest they've ever gotten to turning a wrench in their lives is playing Need for Speed, to drive a course with noise canceling headphones on or to simply play their racing games with the sound muted. Then tell me if something was missing or not.

As awesome as EVs are, there are so many in this space, especially in this camp, who bring a bad name to the enthusiast/racing world, which is one of the many reasons why real car guys roll their eyes at these green pea EV drivers who think they know it all, now that they have a quick car. I get it, which is why I always sigh with relief when I meet an EV owner who "actually gets it" vs most of these new age video game troopers with soft hands who think they understand cars. It's comical at times.

About the massive Tesla depression, I mean depreciation, same same I guess when you come to think of all the people that got screwed over, I totally understand where you're coming from. People get butt hurt to hear the truth, especially here, largely due to being in denial and/or having bought TSLA when the goons were saying "to the moon! omg buy buy buy best thing ever," and now all sitting here holding the bag watching their stock plummet. = Natural human tendency to put up the walls to defend their stupid decisions in life from making important buying decisions off of some wacko 5 sec tik tok.

With that said, we have a lot to thank Tesla for in paving the way for EVs so for that, everyone should be grateful. I actually like Elon vs the softies that can't handle his direct approach. Our family and extended family all own Teslas, which largely was due to my recommendation, so for the record to the softies, I'm not a Tesla hater. In fact, I'm looking to purchase a Plaid here very soon, along with maybe the Model X as well for the family.

@ramirj2 didn't mean to get side tracked lol, but enjoy your 5N! Post some pictures when you can and keep us updated if you do any track days.
Sure! I'll post videos. First stop its going to be a roll and 1/2 mile event June 8-9. I plan to run both the Plaid and the Ioniq 5N, but after that and a rip on the 1/4 for a slip, I plan to use it for track days.
I like speed and don't care if its electric or gas.
I got a blower V8 and a centrifugal V6 manual also.
What Hyundai did with the 5N is going to be groundbreaking.
You have practicality and depending on customized settings, a different experience every time. From a regular EV to a perfectly simulated ICE/DCT sports car.

Agree but the M3P will more likely will be the stoplight champion. Its going to easily outsell the 5N as its also much cheaper (which may be a great selling point for the 5N). I bet if there was no EV6 GT or 5N, Tesla may not have offered a more powerful M3P. I'm happy that there is competition now.

Oh for sure. Sales wise there's no competition. The two cars are very different from each other and for very very different crowds. I think in their own category, they are two of the best hands down, respectively.

There's nothing like the 5N out in the EV market and there's nothing like the M3P either, especially for the price point.

Speaking of price, the 5N is worth the price tag as it delivers. On the other hand I think the new M3P is priced where it should be. 50s tops.