Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to play music from within the MS while washing or working outside of the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started playing the radio before washing the New MS, but it shut off when the door was closed. Would be nice if the Camping mode in the last update would also allow music to be played along with remote control with the Tesla APP. Does anyone have a fix besides leaving the door open?

Started playing the radio before washing the New MS, but it shut off when the door was closed. Would be nice if the Camping mode in the last update would also allow music to be played along with remote control with the Tesla APP. Does anyone have a fix besides leaving the door open?
Well, the classic camper mode would do it... Get in, put the car in drive, then pull up vehicle controls, and manually set the parking brake. This will put the car into neutral, hold it in place via the parking brake, and keep everything running even when there's nobody in the driver's seat and the door is closed.

Well, the classic camper mode would do it... Get in, put the car in drive, then pull up vehicle controls, and manually set the parking brake. This will put the car into neutral, hold it in place via the parking brake, and keep everything running even when there's nobody in the driver's seat and the door is closed.
Was nice to play tunes when Detailing my MS. Petra your work around worked well but, the DRL stayed on the whole time, any ideas besides leaving them on or pulling the fuse?

cant you turn those off in the light settings? or did they change something on the new cars?

DRL lights are required in the USA. No switch on the screen to turn off.

Maybe if enough Tesla owners Tweet a request to Elon to add the ability to play music to the Camping setting or rename the Camping setting to Pet Environmental Control with Music and add remote control from the APP to control the music.

DRL lights are required in the USA. No switch on the screen to turn off.

Maybe if enough Tesla owners Tweet a request to Elon to add the ability to play music to the Camping setting or rename the Camping setting to Pet Environmental Control with Music and add remote control from the APP to control the music.
Uhh, pull up your vehicle controls menu and there should be a DRL button right near the headlight controls... the headlights & DRLs can be turned off while the car is in neutral. I'm in California and just tested this on v2017.40.1 (car updated to 2017.42 about an hour ago... I can give it another try in the morning).

Uhh, pull up your vehicle controls menu and there should be a DRL button right near the headlight controls... the headlights & DRLs can be turned off while the car is in neutral. I'm in California and just tested this on v2017.40.1 (car updated to 2017.42 about an hour ago... I can give it another try in the morning).

Please note the screen shots of my 100D v2017.42.1 94435ee

I do not have a switch to turn off the DRL, could you post a screen pic of your DRL switch so I have something to request SC to add if possible.

Attachments

• DRL1.jpg
    DRL1.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DRL2.jpg
    DRL2.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 78

I do not have a switch to turn off the DRL, could you post a screen pic of your DRL switch so I have something to request SC to add if possible.

Turning on range mode will turn the DRLs off, I had the DRL button on my original P85 but not on the P100D and this is what works. I'd rather still have the DRL button, no idea why they did it this way.

Photo taken this morning, after the previously mentioned v2017.42 update:
ModelS_DRLbutton.jpg

Maybe the difference has something to do with the new headlights that were part of the refresh?

This thread had me curious, so I went to check on my own settings (since I'm also on 17.42):

bQR5IXf.jpg

As a point of comparison, my P85 has both DRL and FOG controls. (I also had the premium lighting package, which causes the AMBIENT button to show up.) Maybe Tesla rolled the fog lights into the premium package? I thought they were supposed to be standard now.

Edit: according to Tesla's website, LED fog lights are a safety feature, not a premium feature. I think @Petra is on to something; did the refresh integrate the headlights and fog lights?

Last edited: