Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit obstacle on road, some damage under. Does service center fix these? Attached image

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000008191.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231112_215833773.jpg
    PXL_20231112_215833773.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 20
Wow, lucky not to have damaged the coolant hoses to the battery. Actually, it looks like that slice almost hit the HV cables.
IMG_1038 (1).jpeg

I drew in an arrow, showing what I think was the line of the slice in your fabric undertray. Any deeper and it would have got your coolant hose and/or HV wires.

If it were me, I would put it up on some ramps, and remove the fabric undertray and take a good look, because I'm the curious type. Since your car seems to work and nothing is leaking, it could be totally cosmetic damage to just the undertray and the small thin piece of metal fronting the battery pack.

See attached service center diagnostic. They said battery could have been damaged so they will remove warranty for battery. 3/8 years complete for battery warranty. Option is to 1)claim battery replacement through insurance (18k) or 2)fix affected parts and use battery as it is without warranty(1k). But problem with second option is if battery goes bad in future it may be out of pocket expense for me

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231114-202357.png
    Screenshot_20231114-202357.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 22
See attached service center diagnostic. They said battery could have been damaged so they will remove warranty for battery. 3/8 years complete for battery warranty. Option is to 1)claim battery replacement through insurance (18k) or 2)fix affected parts and use battery as it is without warranty(1k). But problem with second option is if battery goes bad in future it may be out of pocket expense for me

Any suggestions?
Claim insurance would be my choice. Unless they plan on installing a used battery and leave you with less than the 5 years remaining warranty.

Looking at the pictures, it looks highly unlikely that the battery is damaged.

Any suggestions?
Well, that's confusing. They void your battery warranty because the battery "could" have been damaged?!? What? It is or it isn't, right?

They've only listed 3 things need replacing, the fabric undertray. That little metal flange in front of the battery, that got shredded. And the bushing bracket. The radiator hose and the HV connectors look okay from the picture.

Choice 2 is risky, but in order to make a decision you should put it up on a lift and take a close look at the bottom of the pack. Was it impacted?

Ended up going with option 2 above
1700150437441.jpeg

I suppose it would make sense to study the repair manual with the parts shown, to see what is this Front HV skid plate.
1700150518969.jpeg

Is that the part? It's clearly cracked. I'd worry about intrusion, mostly water intrusion. If you're going with #2 option, I'd want to have that opening closed in order to minimize risk of intrusion.