Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gearbox fluid service recommended warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my car fixed by an autobody shop as there was a scratch on the back left of the car that needed to be fixed. The first drive after getting it fixed I got a warning saying gearbox fluid service recommended. Now a couple days later the car has capped the max speed to 84km/hr due to this warning.

I am waiting for my appointment with a service center but I am wondering if its possible the auto body shop broke something. I doubt its a coincidence this happened the first drive after they fixed it. I don't know anything about cars so am just curious as if its possible the auto body shop damaged the gearbox in the process of fixing the scratch.

Thanks for any input

I am waiting for my appointment with a service center but I am wondering if its possible the auto body shop broke something. I doubt its a coincidence this happened the first drive after they fixed it. I don't know anything about cars so am just curious as if its possible the auto body shop damaged the gearbox in the process of fixing the scratch.
Physically - anything is possible.
Practically - you don't have any data to draw a particular conclusion. What caused the scratch in the first place? Did you hit or run over something that could have also dinged the gearbox housing?

It doesn't really matter, since the Tesla's Service Center will troubleshoot the issue and likely identify the root cause. Once they tell you what's wrong, and what likely caused it, you will know how to proceed.

HTH,
a

Reactions: rpiotro
Upvote 0