Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front lower control arm replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have the well known creaking on the front drivers side suspension. I've just been to Tesla Tottenham (East London) to have it confirmed. They have diagnosed lower control arm bushing worn out. I'm a bit surprised/miffed at the price they are quoting though. £260 to diagnose the issue, and another £780 to supply and fit. This seems excessive to me. It's especially annoying as I am due to hand the car back to the lease company in a few weeks time (December 2019 M3P by the way).

So, do I have any other options here that anyone may be aware of? I've already rung ProTyre in Bishops Stortford and they have said they can't get the parts.

How can it possibly cost £260 to diagnose the issue? I would question that. Ours would have taken a few seconds for Cleevly to visually check as would an MOT tester.

In the end we got ours done under warranty but Cleevely would had done it for us if Tesla had rejected the warranty fix.

This is what was done for ours and would have cost had it not been warranty.

1715712500006.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: M3noob
Hi all,

I have the well known creaking on the front drivers side suspension. I've just been to Tesla Tottenham (East London) to have it confirmed. They have diagnosed lower control arm bushing worn out. I'm a bit surprised/miffed at the price they are quoting though. £260 to diagnose the issue, and another £780 to supply and fit. This seems excessive to me. It's especially annoying as I am due to hand the car back to the lease company in a few weeks time (December 2019 M3P by the way).

So, do I have any other options here that anyone may be aware of? I've already rung ProTyre in Bishops Stortford and they have said they can't get the parts.
Have/had exactly this problem with my two 2018. Bushings are a "known" problem, and were partially covered when I took one car in (I only paid for the parts, not the labor). I am waiting for a local service center open so I can fix the other, since it is a mile from my house, and the other service center is 90+ miles away.

Also worth noting, one car failed at 55K miles, the other at 33K miles. This is a design flaw.

Reactions: rincewind
Hi all,

Oh, and Tesla has known about this problem for years.

Reactions: rincewind