Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish Tesla would host an "Owners' Town Hall" where we could give feedback, and hear from the developers, designers, and product managers what in the hell they were thinking with all these changes. Ok, so they added time and temp to the IC... but then why remove it from the touchscreen?

It's like having a simpleton employee who only hears one thing at a time, and never gets "the concept" or abstract ideas. TESLA: Just because we wanted time/temp on the IC (thanks!!!), does NOT mean we also wanted it removed from the touchscreen. We do often have things called 'passengers' who like to know that info as well.

If anyone has pictures of the new .77 interface, please post (I don't think I've seen it yet). I don't know why they would take the clock/temp off the main display. Wouldn't passengers sometimes want to know the time too?
The .77 release has put clock and temp back on the dash display. I was already used to it on the 17" bar, which now looks empty... I'm so confused why they don't just let users decide. This is not a $199 iPod interface (but that said even Apple provides more control settings).

The .77 release has put clock and temp back on the dash display. I was already used to it on the 17" bar, which now looks empty... I'm so confused why they don't just let users decide. This is not a $199 iPod interface (but that said even Apple provides more control settings).
Picture please? I've seen a picture of the 17" screen on one of the European threads here (so I assume build .77) that had time and temp still on the 17" just like in the build distributed in the U.S.

.77 touchscreen displaying trips
g2-Er6UoXVh25Eqbss2meVpFuRwOKtL5facNU0KDo6LBKpSPPjbNKNzVZtVoGUlJzfyGqhiu3qB6Ik-TvS1VB3iJBOvWEqslHuBleEO--Plu7zUYq2zxYKEpBdNDLWak5GvXxkMJFyuMpQHBMJbVdwR0LuceZYTCn7zdmzq9Eethr5c19VON1lVI3vynistIE_iusSItLWSvzE5kwwzwH2YlMy3LI6CcftF0zOIXTzaKIn0mccezKzRGoU98JoENTUecdAkaTi93ObE79xGo375VUEi39gf_XdcknE76MW0R5IIUHayDtx6k7Fj1_v_9s62xfHErPvZDX9BLBFDxFRMcje4d3pbIBXVuy4VmbqdLDls2S9-lJkbkmqsGpm_YOcy0RHQTn6jRnL2icQxFeqLhPBhymxFlT3OD2v_gFsQEFky4zETPAPcpxTwcoFMDJDtIMj0x7s71greAuewsvrfvC7L_-5yMTDPsnZq8vS-adrzygE7hE1ZYRQaVVI-Fm8zVvvoqLIICoVEmv_PMTT6EgDyjeOU26qPcUeE83Mg=w628-h837-no

.77 dash with car off
7efBMWBzc_DFm-yNV4Bu8WvcHpia9ZL9ipWQUvhgujGRJtGxywnCIKstEcl06_hdaoW5oSKnLzcp_bPHzcmZtK_-R6L3RqHjP0SHbzpaRq-wsywUKCY0hmh6p-4dOLwOkBxklBZW3D6v0jvOyhSk9EpSnl2HKHs2AecjsuJrUe_oVcwvBlnbXTvCoD15qE3SFlWD6sUqufZ1IjL8NAxXRt2PHrjNeynuWADlGQVGxPblxsydo06ADk69gW94wN-Z__o7Bc3l4g-tQG-6SH04rEse-9rdq45a0hSm1nvdY_otAWY_utdecbqRIbEjj5u282HcpBYrPaj-lo2GBvLB-mk4d0XyqrZvitZOr9hvgVvRazb6Y2cTmEnea7XlT9aCQC0bSaErTeZyy_IvC_4ol1iZXe0q0KG6yvz-8Xam3W48NRlbnDI5JN4nNMq9PyYsy5Y4UpUR2p10yXYMFWNJNthJIgVRnW-A157pHLsuk5-D8DprnAdoQHJb5V_f5gHwVIBZIERoUpLbN4TSTgoZzQzr-UCH_ruaHmIwXCgjpH8=w1116-h837-no

.77 dash with car on (this is the first photo I took with my new Nexus 5X)
AF_hhpDYt4d-w6mRMR_yzm6KBp5SkeKZKJNUMaA6NWs-yVtRM5WqOE72FNPxC-AMrXN4IOMklTt1NQVp-uRbStZsEtYsBw6OTzjMBKo7ypMKIjzuMVZSfiINh4Y1c9nyMpKWvo9ZjD_SZHs-FaP4Yodh69Fu2LzLNOhzT_VGVMITGM5VBbTHz7nGtU3FeN8grl9AaStMUVgF1iQUvCS6GnXPPdmI_fjIBR59rLaV-_HQYHBqd5ju4kjWfy5iPybs2VM99oKqiQitPxxQFcW_R7Cj31NyioykqAX3GDvW_3EQGCxQq6-EqtaKFSb1CK5TCLzNoR9uyqbKYbd6cAqVKMY4e-LmdVn-OasgkAXzhq9DWclnC_BR_3bS0gKSL0BwNqxwbtpK4OZUoJ3Ww7AuK-GKs4YpIBSS3Ug7vc1Q_Rz1JMbJh2PVKezQKmc1wHXtYDFhySTFwOl906l9MI735ogd3z5MYc80mHTY27xC94O-59FjuJeU1pqjd_9XWmoZG9irDIhiSOFulcCjcIaqtsqWIqODbrScZz81Ff22NSw=w1116-h837-no

I really wish Tesla would host an "Owners' Town Hall" where we could give feedback, and hear from the developers, designers, and product managers what in the hell they were thinking with all these changes. Ok, so they added time and temp to the IC... but then why remove it from the touchscreen?

We had something like this at TMC Connect 2015 in Santa Clara. It was 90% Roadster owners complaining along the lines of "where's the love for us early adopters." It was not a good use of time. :(

People have a hard time with change, myself included. But while I complained about some of the 7.0 changes before I saw it, once I did, I understood. This is vastly superior for aesthetics and the IC's limited real estate. I do miss things like the speedo arc, but I didn't need it. The cruise control hat is now a readout, which I like better. The subtraction of the date and time was too bad, but also saves space (I would like it returned). The omission of the odometer from AP cars was just a mistake and no one caught it.

There is no way I can support going back to the old speedo style like the screenshot directly above.

- K

We had something like this at TMC Connect 2015 in Santa Clara. It was 90% Roadster owners complaining along the lines of "where's the love for us early adopters." It was not a good use of time. :(

People have a hard time with change, myself included. But while I complained about some of the 7.0 changes before I saw it, once I did, I understood. This is vastly superior for aesthetics and the IC's limited real estate. I do miss things like the speedo arc, but I didn't need it. The cruise control hat is now a readout, which I like better. The subtraction of the date and time was too bad, but also saves space (I would like it returned). The omission of the odometer from AP cars was just a mistake and no one caught it.

There is no way I can support going back to the old speedo style like the screenshot directly above.

- K

Based on your photos of .77 ctime is on 17" AND dash. Temp is on dash. Win/win.

Based on your photos of .77 ctime is on 17" AND dash. Temp is on dash. Win/win.

But what about mtime and atime?!? (Little UNIX humor there.)

Thanks to Pilot_51 for the screenshots. I don't particularly like elements moving around on the UI between releases, but presumably they're still trying to figure out what we want and what's best (which are not necessarily the same thing) and this will settle down in the next build or so.

I agree with Khatsalano than an owner's forum would probably degenerate into a complain-fest.

Did I just notice a new feature?

If you have an active route in Nav, you can hit the bottom part of the route guide, and it will give you a round trip power estimate :)

IMG_0710.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I correct myself. Seems like this has been at least since 6.1.
Sorry bout that!