Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess on these lines I could make a CT by taking my model 3 and taking some $3 brackets and ply wood from Home Depot to create an “exoskeleton” and then spray paint it.

Yes… already done by a guy in Asia… built one out of wood.

Reactions: coleAK
Apples vs oranges… the tonneau cover you reference is not power retractable like the CTs… The Tacoma’s is literally a solid bed cover with a couple hinges in the middle… 🙄

I could feasibly create a “tonneau cover for your son’s Tacoma by screwing in a couple $3 hinges from Home Depot on two sheets of plywood and paint it with Flex Seal and it would hold an adult and be waterproof… all for less than $100… interested? 😂
The best part is no part (or at least a couple of hundred fewer MOVING parts than a turdneau cover). By Tesla logic you just showed how terrible the turdneau is.

Reactions: coleAK and jebinc
Imagine that, over time, the CyberTruck bed will become more water proof (maybe from the aftermarket) that it will become heated and cooled, and become even better with future iterations. Right now it is quite advanced over solutions from other competitors and will well serve the needs of many. For lots of Sunny SoCal owners, it will be perfect just as it is.

Imagine that, over time, the CyberTruck bed will become more water proof (maybe from the aftermarket) that it will become heated and cooled, and become even better with future iterations. Right now it is quite advanced over solutions from other competitors and will well serve the needs of many. For lots of Sunny SoCal owners, it will be perfect just as it is.

It’s perfect that you can’t see behind you?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Screenshot 2024-02-16 150311.png

I "imagine" that there are huge "improvements".. that should have been solved over the FOUR years Tesla lied to us and kept stating, "We're working on it."
Elon can't run all the companies/interests he has. He's being piss poor in all of them now. It used to be that Tesla, SpaceX and the Mission to Mars were advancing on a monthly level. But now...how long has it been since Y?
I get it (sort of). Tesla and SpaceX have gotten huge. They would swamp any man... yet alone someone that decides to buy the title "God of Free Speech".

I "imagine" that there are huge "improvements".. that should have been solved over the FOUR years Tesla lied to us and kept stating, "We're working on it."
Elon can't run all the companies/interests he has. He's being piss poor in all of them now. It used to be that Tesla, SpaceX and the Mission to Mars were advancing on a monthly level. But now...how long has it been since Y?
I get it (sort of). Tesla and SpaceX have gotten huge. They would swamp any man... yet alone someone that decides to buy the title "God of Free Speech".
It’s more accurate to say that Elon, the Great Charlatan, lied to us than Tesla. Tesla said just about nothing during that period. Most of the falsehoods came from the wind bag, not Tesla.

Last edited:
One of the Tesla youtubers did a utube about CT issues. I didn't know about the wheelcovers digging into the sidewalls after 1000 miles of driving. Apparently Tesla is aware and has a new wheelcover design coming. Seems kind of obvious now so why didn't they realize it earlier?

View attachment 1019624
Come on with the critical commentary…. Tesla had only four years to get the hubcaps right; that’s not nearly enough Elon time! 🤣

Editorial: If they easily can manage to FU hubcaps, after four plus years of effort, imagine how F’d up other stuff may be that you can’t readily see or feel (yet)?! 💨💨💨💩

Last edited:
Use the app to ask 'em this question. Please let us know what the answer is. 🤪
As you know, the only time you hear from Tesla is…. when you request a trade in value… 😞

3-5 nanoseconds later, the phone rings, you get text messages, and an email from some junior Charlatan trying to convert your trade value request to a sale. That’s the only time!